Uninstall Default Apps

ssullivan

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
I just picked up a CLIQ this week and for the most part really love it. There are a few things I'm having to get used to, though (former BlackBerry user). I'm wondering if there is any way to remove default apps the phone shipped with? For example, I couldn't care less about MySpace ? I killed my account on that site over two years ago ? and I'd really like to uninstall the MySpace app on the CLIQ. Yet, I can't find a way to do this. Am I just spoiled after three years of BlackBerry and Desktop Manager and the ability to uninstall literally any app on the device?

cinnamin

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
same here former blackberry user and there's alot of stuff that i won't be using the motorblur is all over the place for me lol all i use is facebook and twitter.

ariflondon

Dec 13, 2009
Visit site
settings>applications>manage applications

from here you can delete installed apps. its also the only place to log out of blur and google.

kcope316#AC

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
settings>applications>manage applications

from here you can delete installed apps. its also the only place to log out of blur and google.

I followed this path and was able to get a list of apps but I was not able to find a way to delete the apps. Could you offer any other assistance?

ssullivan

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
I'm still annoyed that I can't delete these apps without a root. But it doesn't matter that much to me now, as I'm probably going to sell the Cliq on eBay next month and buy a Nexus One instead. Honestly, ahd I known the Nexus One was coming out 60 days after I bought the Cliq, I would have just waited.

kennethmsmith

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
Is there a way to just hide motoblur? Say you don't want to delete it, but you don't care to use it and don't want it showing up on your desktop on the phone. Do you just logout of blur as mentioned above, and that hides it?

ssullivan

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
You can delete any of the Motoblur widgets off your phone's home screens if you don't want to see them there, just like you can delete any other app icon or widget (long press until a short vibrate, and you'll see a trash can appear where the application drawer normally is to drag and drop the icon or widget into). However, this doesn't uninstall it. It just gets it off the desktop.

I've found you can also log yourself out of most of the accounts (Facebook, Twitter, etc.) that Motoblur uses if you're using apps for those things. I got sick of seeing Facebook notifications showing up in three places ? e-mail, Facebook app, and Motoblur ? so I finally logged out of Facebook in Motoblur. Problem solved. The app is much nicer anyway, and does a lot more.

In my opinion Motoblur is a fairly decent idea in theory, but it was executed in such a way that it's very amateurish. That's fine if you're a low-end user. Some of us want a lot more out of our devices, and I've found myself using full-featured apps a lot more than Motoblur's various widgets and apps. If I could uninstall Motoblur completely I would in a heartbeat.

But, I guess it really doesn't matter now. I ordered a Nexus One today and the Cliq will be on eBay by week's end.

OhThatBlackGuy

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
You can get Link2SD after rooting and remove the apps from there under the Actions button... Im just curious to know if removing the email,social hub and talk apps will damage the phone... ( I have a galaxy mini ..)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams