Manually update your Cliq to Android 2.1

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
Hey guys! Was doing some digging around since the 2.1 update went out to testers today, and stumbled across this.

CLIQ Software Support - Motorola USA

It's the official page sent to the testers to update to the new 2.1 Blur version for the Cliq. The download link in step 2 seems to be working just fine :)

On the off chance that this was made public by mistake, I mirrored everything. Call me cautious, call me paranoid, but better safe than sorry.

You can download the update itself right here:
Blur_Version.2.1.5.MB200.T-Mobile.en.US.zip - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download

You can download Moto's official instructions, saved as pdf files right here:
manual_update_cliq.zip - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download

For sure, try the official site (first link) before you use the mirrors. Now go get your Android 2.1 that's been forever in the making!

EDIT -- The files I had mirrored are no more. Motorola had my 4Shared account closed. Hopefully someone else has a copy of them for those in need.

Last edited:

Leahelm

Oct 23, 2010
Visit site
If getting it from the hosting site you have to rename the zip file adding in all the dots(.) that the hosting site stripped out. I'm installing it now but it is rebooting a lot, I mean I think its up to 30 times now, I'm afraid its just in a loop but too nervous to take the battery out.

GabrielRea1

Oct 23, 2010
Visit site
please let us know of outcome. mine is sitting on the "stick together" screen not doing anything.

update: now it is looping...

Last edited:

Leahelm

Oct 23, 2010
Visit site
I think it fried it, pulled the battery and booted back up and still doing same thing. Looks like now I need to do some research to recover it… -_-

GabrielRea1

Oct 23, 2010
Visit site
Got this from TmoNews:

Foxeh says:
October 22, 2010 at 8:32 PM
If your stuck in a boot loop after updating the Cliq to 2.1

-Shut off the phone, (battery pull if you have to)
-Hold the POWER and CAMERA buttons simultaneously until the green bootloader text appears
-Hit VOLUME-DOWN
-Wait for the /!\ triangle to appear.
-Open the keyboard and hit ALT+L
-Select the option to Wipe
-Once that’s finished, reboot the phone.

miniZ

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
Alright World!

I got my brothers to update to 2.1. Was not easy. I pulled the battery twice. Wiped the phone from recovery mode (Camera+Power). And then rebooted again, and it came on to 2.1. I do not have a strategic process, but it eventually worked! There is hope in the world!

Wicked1

Oct 23, 2010
Visit site
I am actually a trial user, chosen by Motorola, but the download page was yanked before I was able to download it. Did some work and found this link. Thank you.

It seems that this update has a booting up problem, seems the majority of users, including me, were getting stuck in the Motoblur > Stick together > repeat loop after the install. It seems you have to wipe the phone, in most cases. I had to too. Here's how, all your texts and apps/games will be wiped.

The following worked for me:
Remove battery
insert battery,
press and hold Camera + power/lock buttons until prompted to release
Press volume down
WAIT until you see yellow ! error sign
Press ALT+L and ALT+W

You should see a reboot, the installer again, one or two more reboots, and then motoblur login screen.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol