Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Manually update your Cliq to Android 2.1

Hey guys! Was doing some digging around since the 2.1 update went out to testers today, and stumbled across this.

CLIQ Software Support - Motorola USA

It's the official page sent to the testers to update to the new 2.1 Blur version for the Cliq. The download link in step 2 seems to be working just fine

On the off chance that this was made public by mistake, I mirrored everything. Call me cautious, call me paranoid, but better safe than sorry.

You can download the update itself right here:
    Blur_Version.2.1.5.MB200.T-Mobile.en.US.zip - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download

You can download Moto's official instructions, saved as pdf files right here:
    manual_update_cliq.zip - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download

For sure, try the official site (first link) before you use the mirrors. Now go get your Android 2.1 that's been forever in the making!

EDIT -- The files I had mirrored are no more. Motorola had my 4Shared account closed. Hopefully someone else has a copy of them for those in need.
    Last edited by Jerry Hildenbrand; 10-24-2010 at 09:35 PM.
    ಠ_ಠ
    제리
    Thanked by 4:

ROM
    MIUI 1.4.8 & Netarchy NS

Got it to work, almost. In process of rebooting a lot, will see final outcome!

ok I have the software but my phone does not see it as an update. can anyone tell me how to load it manually?

thanks so much for posting this! was looking all online to find the file cause the motorola website isn't up. got my sisters phone up to 2.1 now!

Kris,
    was there any problem with it seeing the update? I keep getting the "your device is up to date" window.

If getting it from the hosting site you have to rename the zip file adding in all the dots(.) that the hosting site stripped out. I'm installing it now but it is rebooting a lot, I mean I think its up to 30 times now, I'm afraid its just in a loop but too nervous to take the battery out.
    Thanked by 2:

same problem here Leahelm still looping between blur and logo,has anyone experienced this problem or is it part of the process?

It worked! It is installing ::crossing fingers::

all right no answers and phone still looping,guess i have 2 face the fact that something is wrong,pulling battery

please let us know of outcome. mine is sitting on the "stick together" screen not doing anything.

update: now it is looping...
    Last edited by GabrielRea1; 10-22-2010 at 09:46 PM.

I think it fried it, pulled the battery and booted back up and still doing same thing. Looks like now I need to do some research to recover it… -_-

pulled battery but no luck,still looping

Got this from TmoNews:

Foxeh says:
    October 22, 2010 at 8:32 PM
    If your stuck in a boot loop after updating the Cliq to 2.1

-Shut off the phone, (battery pull if you have to)
    -Hold the POWER and CAMERA buttons simultaneously until the green bootloader text appears
    -Hit VOLUME-DOWN
    -Wait for the /!\ triangle to appear.
    -Open the keyboard and hit ALT+L
    -Select the option to Wipe
    -Once that’s finished, reboot the phone.
    Thanked by 2:

Thanks GabrielRea1, worked, thought my phone was a goner.

thanks for the info gabriel,so how goes your update?

sitting at "Stick Together" waiting to see if it loops or loads.

Update:
    I'm in! 2.1!
    Last edited by GabrielRea1; 10-22-2010 at 10:11 PM.

nice lucky u

wiped my phone and reset it ,and looks like it took the 2.1 update,lost all my contacts though
    Last edited by cliqdummy; 10-22-2010 at 10:25 PM.

ROM
    MIUI 1.4.8 & Netarchy NS

Default Alright World!

I got my brothers to update to 2.1. Was not easy. I pulled the battery twice. Wiped the phone from recovery mode (Camera+Power). And then rebooted again, and it came on to 2.1. I do not have a strategic process, but it eventually worked! There is hope in the world!

I am actually a trial user, chosen by Motorola, but the download page was yanked before I was able to download it. Did some work and found this link. Thank you.

It seems that this update has a booting up problem, seems the majority of users, including me, were getting stuck in the Motoblur > Stick together > repeat loop after the install. It seems you have to wipe the phone, in most cases. I had to too. Here's how, all your texts and apps/games will be wiped.

The following worked for me:
    Remove battery
    insert battery,
    press and hold Camera + power/lock buttons until prompted to release
    Press volume down
    WAIT until you see yellow ! error sign
    Press ALT+L and ALT+W

You should see a reboot, the installer again, one or two more reboots, and then motoblur login screen.

Quote Originally Posted by cliqdummy View Post
    nice lucky u

wiped my phone and reset it ,and looks like it took the 2.1 update,lost all my contacts though
    Yeah, because the update removed T Mobile's Mobile Backup app, we should be able to get them by logging into my-tmobile.com though

so whats the verdict? I want to update my wife's phone but would hate to have to reload the phone. Has anyone had success installing the update without the reboot loop?

Waiting to hear more feedback too. Might give this a shot this weekend.

Hay guy,

doest it work with other than T-mobile phones??? plllz replay

Optus-Australia

I followed the instructions in this thread and successfully updated my Cliq to 2.1. No problems. I did not have to wipe the phone, everything worked OK the first time through.

How did you do it? Because I have added all the friggen (.) and still it tells me that my phone is up to date when I check it, also i tried doing it by pressing the Power + Camera button, and so on but when i get to alt+s it tells me that file is not found. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast