chubroq006#AC

Mar 26, 2010
Visit site
I've had the Cliq now for about 3 or so months. Overall, I like the phone. As mentioned above, I like the fact that it has a hard and soft keyboard. I moved from the iPhone keyboard to the Cliq keyboard, and I must say that the standard Cliq on-screen keyboard kind of disappointed me. I think it is a little bit of a combination of a smaller screen, less responsive screen, and a less accurate screen (in comparison to the iPhone). However, just this past week, I uploaded the beta version of Swype, and I must say that I've only used the hard keyboard when I've had to write official emails or when inputing numbers (I still haven't gotten used to the number pad on the Swype.)

Other than these minor issues, I really love the Cliq. It's really solid, I like the texture on the back of the phone that makes it seem like the Cliq won't slide out. After playing around with the phone, the Motorblur apps have been giving me problems and do not update at all anymore. I'm not sure if this is due to the fact that I've rooted the phone or if it's because I'm using it on AT&T. Addressing a previous poster, the only reason that I rooted the phone was so that I could use one of the over/under clocking widgets which GREATLY increases performance and battery life! Other than that, I'm just waiting for the 2.1 update.

Although I really love the Cliq, I am really tempted to jump ship this coming Fall when my 2 year contract expires due to the recent onslaught of next gen phones coming this Summer. So many options! (Sprint EVO, iPhone 4G, Dell Mini 5, etc...)

rhodry7

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
I must say now also that while I love my cliq I am dissapointed in how tmo and moto have slacked so bad on updating to 2.1. I understand its a lot of work but these are big businesses that should have had this handled properly. I'm looking at a couple different phones to goto.

I really love the keyboard more and more on this phone, btw. I always find that I like the cliqs keyboard better than a vast majority of other phones keyboards.

While it kills me to say.... I think I'm going to jump ship from tmo and moto. Htc has been sucking me in with its pretty and up to date phones.

hinamesmichelle

Jan 1, 2010
twitter.com
I must say now also that while I love my cliq I am dissapointed in how tmo and moto have slacked so bad on updating to 2.1. I understand its a lot of work but these are big businesses that should have had this handled properly. I'm looking at a couple different phones to goto.

I really love the keyboard more and more on this phone, btw. I always find that I like the cliqs keyboard better than a vast majority of other phones keyboards.

While it kills me to say.... I think I'm going to jump ship from tmo and moto. Htc has been sucking me in with its pretty and up to date phones.

We're supposed to get the 2.1 update...soon...ish. Who knows :/

drachers

Apr 11, 2010
Visit site
Hello all. I've been interested in this phone, but it seems despite trawling through the internet there's a lack of info on a couple of points. I would really appreciate a few words to help me out before I make a purchase. Here's what I need:

1 - What's the d-pad like for gaming? Specifically, does it do diagonals? I intend to play emulators on it, so even if it's not going to be able to pull off a dragon punch in Streetfighter 2 I hope it can at least function.

2 - Motoblur. To what extent can all the cluttered social networking stuff be closed or minimised? As there is no other phone with as good a form factor I am willing to put up with the "rad" Pepsi Max interface, but if I can get rid of it I'd be happy.

3 - Assuming motoblur can be tamed to hit the internet connection less often, how good is the battery life if restricted to GPRS and minimal screen brightness etc?

Many thanks in advance!

bikedogrun

Oct 6, 2009
Visit site
1 - What's the d-pad like for gaming? Specifically, does it do diagonals? I intend to play emulators on it, so even if it's not going to be able to pull off a dragon punch in Streetfighter 2 I hope it can at least function.

2 - Motoblur. To what extent can all the cluttered social networking stuff be closed or minimised? As there is no other phone with as good a form factor I am willing to put up with the "rad" Pepsi Max interface, but if I can get rid of it I'd be happy.

3 - Assuming motoblur can be tamed to hit the internet connection less often, how good is the battery life if restricted to GPRS and minimal screen brightness etc?
Interesting questions:

1. Not sure, I'm not a gamer and have never tried those things.
2. Sure; you can remove any/all of the Blur widgets from the Home Screen(s) that you don't want/need... totally your call.
3. With the latest 1.4.8 update, battery life on the Cliq is now pretty good overall... you should be fine.

/BD :cool:

jackitoday

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
Same answers as BD --- I'd totally forgotten it had a d-pad since I don't do games and I like MotoBlur so I haven't removed anything except the MySpace part. But I know it's removable. And the battery life is pretty good -- better than my previous smartphone, the Palm Pre -- this lasts me an entire day at work although I admit that I usually put it on the charger 'just in case'.

ur1trudmon#AC

Feb 12, 2010
Visit site
I love my Cliq

I was first to hesitate to get this phone or switch to the Android OS. I was a big blackberry junkie and tested their phones out, but cliq and Android has shown me how outdated i was. My next phone after this myTouch slide... or the Htc desire if it shows up on T-mobile USA. Theres my Love shown for the cliq, BTW the update is ok the 1.48 w.e version i believe it has slow down my phone especially with the GDE homescreen i have installed on it.

drachers

Apr 11, 2010
Visit site
Interesting questions:

1. Not sure, I'm not a gamer and have never tried those things.
2. Sure; you can remove any/all of the Blur widgets from the Home Screen(s) that you don't want/need... totally your call.
3. With the latest 1.4.8 update, battery life on the Cliq is now pretty good overall... you should be fine.

/BD :cool:

Thanks bikedogrun and jackitoday, I'll check around and see about the d-pad.

terrycanfly

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site
My girlfriend keeps yelling at me asking when is her 2.1 update coming out and all I can give her are stupid rumors. God I hate motorola

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Artistnos