iPhone 3GS to Defy - some observations and questions

LHSM

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Absolutely LOVE the Defy and Android - sooo much more intuitive than iOS and far more flexible.

I have a few questions, mainly regarding things that iTunes and Ovi do in their sleep.

I would like to be able to do a full image backup of the phone and all it's contents, so that if I have to reinstall Android I can simply restore the last backup, and my home screen will be the same, my texts will be back, etc, etc, basically the iTunes backup system, but with the Ovi flexibility of being able to access individual things like text messages etc. Is this possible / available? I can't seem to find an app / host program that will do it.

I also experienced dismal battery life, until I removed all widgets apart from the radio enable shortcuts, then switched to battery saver mode, and voila - a whole day easily. I found a cheap 2400mah (allegedly) battery but it doesn't last much better than the stock 1500 mah.

Lastly - sorry for the long first post, is there a SIMPLE one click (or thereabouts) way of rooting my Defy and sticking Android 2.3.5 on it?

Hope to hear from fellow robots soon!

crz6662

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Quickest I've ever rooted a phone. Follow instructions, 30sec root and very easy. Worked on my Defy.

Attachments

• GingerBreak-v1.20.apk
    295.2 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar