Can't install CM7 or CM7 due to an encryption related error message

Mr Davo

Sep 28, 2012
Visit site
Hi Everyone,

I successfully rooted my Motorola Defy+ (MB526), and furthermore I was able to install CM10.1 onto the phone. However once the phone booted up I had a number of processes fail. Of great concern the com.google... process failed, and essentially made the phone unusable. Since receiving these error messages I made the decision to perform a factory reset / wipe.

I have since tried to install both CM7 and CM9, however whenever the phone boots just after the Motorola / Cyanogen boot screens I see the following error message -

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4jwu9pta32dpyqf/Defy-Encryption-Message.jpg

Any advice on how to fix this issue will be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Davo

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
On CM 10.1 it sounds like you just need to flash the GAPPs file too. I'd start your process over, wipe data, dalvik and cache and flash the ROM, flash GAPPS, then boot. As far as CM7 and CM9, those are older Android versions (GB and ICS) and may have many issues with your device coming from a more advanced version.

Mr Davo

Sep 28, 2012
Visit site
Hi NothingIsTrue,

I have repeated the process (including installing gapps) as suggested however the phone gets stuck at the screen that is shown. Any further advice will be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Davo

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Does your device have a micro SD card?

That error message seems to be caused by a corruption or removal of the /data or /sdcard partitions.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae