1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default The application Home (com.motorola.home) has stopped unexpectedly.

This message keeps popping up, I can't access anything on my phone. From the beginning: I have Defy +, Android 2.3.6, T Mobile (45.0.2310.mb526.retail.en.gb). Its performance was poor but I wanted to keep original rom so only rooted it and started to remove bloatware (stupid, I know). when I rebooted there was a message: The appliaction Home (com.motorola.home) has stopped unexpectedly. It keeps popping up, too fast to do anything in the meantime.
    I wiped cache, did the factory reset, tried to install TWRD (got message about signature error) - no success.
    I backed up the phone with Titanium just before the problem occured - can I make a flashable zip on my pc from this backup? I have no access to my phone whatsoever.
    Please, help me out
    Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 01-30-2014 at 09:19 PM.

Global Posts
    6,763 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Default Re: The appliaction Home (com.motorola.home) has stopped unexpectedly.

Quote Originally Posted by hype24 View Post
    This message keeps popping up, I can't access anything on my phone. From the beginning: I have Defy +, Android 2.3.6, T Mobile (45.0.2310.mb526.retail.en.gb). Its performance was poor but I wanted to keep original rom so only rooted it and started to remove bloatware (stupid, I know). when I rebooted there was a message: The appliaction Home (com.motorola.home) has stopped unexpectedly. It keeps popping up, too fast to do anything in the meantime.
    I wiped cache, did the factory reset, tried to install TWRD (got message about signature error) - no success.
    I backed up the phone with Titanium just before the problem occured - can I make a flashable zip on my pc from this backup? I have no access to my phone whatsoever.
    Please, help me out
    Welcome to the forums! I would again suggest a factory reset, wipe cache in that order and see if that lets you boot. If it doesn't, you'll probably need to restore a backup (if you made one) or install a new ROM to hopefully get you booted. There is no way to restore a backup from Titanium as that doesn't do a full image backup of the device as TWRP or CWM would do.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: The appliaction Home (com.motorola.home) has stopped unexpectedly.

Ok, I tried factory reset + wipe cache again. It didn't do the trick. How can I install new ROM without using the phone itself? Sorry for a lame question but I'm an absolute beginner By the way which ROM is best for Defy plus (quick and slick - no social media and other fireworks), I use the browser, music, camera, GPS, and programs like text editors?
    Edit: Ok, got it. Tried to install cm-7-20121207-UNOFFICIAL-jordan_plus-signed.zip but it says: E:failed to verfy whole-file signature / E: signature verification failed. What do I do with this?
    Last edited by hype24; 01-31-2014 at 05:42 AM.