1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    84 Global Posts

Default Really Poor Battery Life?

My wife got a Devour almost 2 weeks ago and she is already pissed due to the crappy battery life. I've made sure nothing is constantly updating and all random task are killed. Wi-fi, GPS and BT is off.

Is this phone just doomed already? She's had it unplugged from the charger MAYBE 10 hours and it's down to 10%. Anybody else notice this?

Global Posts
    194 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sixstorm View Post
    My wife got a Devour almost 2 weeks ago and she is already pissed due to the crappy battery life. I've made sure nothing is constantly updating and all random task are killed. Wi-fi, GPS and BT is off.

Is this phone just doomed already? She's had it unplugged from the charger MAYBE 10 hours and it's down to 10%. Anybody else notice this?
    Ha, at least she got ten hours........thank your stars. I barely get 5 hours.
    Handspring>Palm>Win-Mo>iPhone>Blackberry>Droid>DroidX>Incredible>TB
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    84 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by equus View Post
    That's not good. I guess I'll have to call VZW and see about getting her another phone. I charge my Droid every night but she will have to do it twice a day. Not cool.

I can't believe VZW/Moto would put a phone out that only last a few hours. Ridiculous.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Global Posts
    84 Global Posts

The wife and I are going to trade the Devour in for a Droid. The Eris seems to have some issues as well and the Droid seems to be almost 100% perfect, or at least my Droid has been.

We also found out that the screen on the Devour stays on unless you lock the phone. Good going Motorola.

Are you keeping the phone in battery saver mode? Currently, my Devour has been unplugged for 8 hours and is at 50%. I keep it in battery saver mode, have the GPS on, but not Wifi or BT, and kill my apps periodically during the day, but always right after I turn it on or unplug it b/c a lot of things start up w/o my consent (Skype, NFL, VisualVM, etc...). The default for the screen shutting off should be 30 seconds. If your screen wasn't timing out itself, then there was probably something defective about it.

I know people who have to constantly charge their Droids because they suck the batteries out of them too. If you are constantly on ANY smartphone, or are not conscientious about conserving your battery, the phone won't last very long. That's just the nature of these things.
    Formerly VZWRocks

Global Posts
    4,271 Global Posts
    ROM
    what's wrong with stock?

Quote Originally Posted by equus View Post
    I get maybe 7 on a GOOD day, and I've been using it since a week after it came out. :-(
    Android is all about Personal Choice: Droid RAZR HD, Droid DNA, SGSIII, SG Note 2, HTC One X+, Galaxy Nexus, Nexus4... Hating is so Apple... we're better than that!

Correcting Some of the Shared Everything Misinformation * My Phone Collection

PSA - Verizon Galaxy Nexus Signal Strength Comparison
    Formerly VZWRocks

Global Posts
    4,271 Global Posts
    ROM
    what's wrong with stock?

Quote Originally Posted by tallgrl45 View Post
    Are you keeping the phone in battery saver mode? Currently, my Devour has been unplugged for 8 hours and is at 50%. I keep it in battery saver mode, have the GPS on, but not Wifi or BT, and kill my apps periodically during the day, but always right after I turn it on or unplug it b/c a lot of things start up w/o my consent (Skype, NFL, VisualVM, etc...). The default for the screen shutting off should be 30 seconds. If your screen wasn't timing out itself, then there was probably something defective about it.

I know people who have to constantly charge their Droids because they suck the batteries out of them too. If you are constantly on ANY smartphone, or are not conscientious about conserving your battery, the phone won't last very long. That's just the nature of these things.
    As someone who owns both of these phones I can say with absolute certainty that the Droid has great battery life compared to the Devour. I have spare batteries for my Droid but dont even use them now unless I plan to be out for an extra long day. Devour I have to turn off before it gets 6hrs off the charger to keep the battery from completely dieing. I love motoblur for the Happenings widget but no longer carry this phone with me when I go to work :[(
    Android is all about Personal Choice: Droid RAZR HD, Droid DNA, SGSIII, SG Note 2, HTC One X+, Galaxy Nexus, Nexus4... Hating is so Apple... we're better than that!

Correcting Some of the Shared Everything Misinformation * My Phone Collection

PSA - Verizon Galaxy Nexus Signal Strength Comparison

This thread is kinda old, but hopefully this will help anyone having this issue. My wife recently got a Devour and the battery wouldn't even last 4 hours. Turns out the camera was staying on! The battery status would show the camera using 70-90% of the battery.

I put a task killer on it for her, and now whenever she "exits" out of the camera she kills it and her phone can make it through the day.

I have motorola devour mobile with really poor batter. Even after 4 or 5 hours i recharge it. I don't know where the problem lies