1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Need answers

I recently switched from the lg ally to the droid R2D2. The phone is rooted, but when I try to use the wifi tether app it enables but it stays at 0.0kbs/down 0.0kbs/up. Any way to fix this?

Second question...

I want to link my work email and school email to my phone like I did on my ally. Both use pop3. The incoming server sets up just fine and I can receive mail on both, but the outgoing server dosnt work on either one. The school email is for itt tech and it reads "username@email.itt-tech.edu" it uses msn mail so I have it directed at live.com and the outgoing port is 25. When I get off work I will post a picture of the setup.

The work email is a little different. The mail server is pointed at win09.midphase.com again with port 25 in outgoing.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    30 Global Posts

Default Re: Need answers

Log into your email and check their settings. It will say what their out going port numbers are in settings or help. I had the same problem and found out that the port isn't 25, that each service had a different port. Good luck hope it helped.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I checked and everything I put is correct so I don't understand why outgoing will not work

Global Posts
    30 Global Posts

Hopefully somebody will know how to fix that. Sorry I couldn't help
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Its ok thanks anyway. It just dont make sense cuz it sets up just fine on the lg ally but out going refuses to work on the droid 2. Its almost like it has all out going ports blocked lol

Global Posts
    10 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by braydonzdaddy View Post
    I recently switched from the lg ally to the droid R2D2. The phone is rooted, but when I try to use the wifi tether app it enables but it stays at 0.0kbs/down 0.0kbs/up. Any way to fix this?

Second question...

I want to link my work email and school email to my phone like I did on my ally. Both use pop3. The incoming server sets up just fine and I can receive mail on both, but the outgoing server dosnt work on either one. The school email is for itt tech and it reads "username@email.itt-tech.edu" it uses msn mail so I have it directed at live.com and the outgoing port is 25. When I get off work I will post a picture of the setup.

The work email is a little different. The mail server is pointed at win09.midphase.com again with port 25 in outgoing.

I have the droid 2 and so does a classmate of mine. I also attend itt and we both have the settings set to (outgoing) smtp.live.com port 25 and check use secure connection. (incoming) pop3.live.com port 995 use secure connection. When I then try to send it doesn't work when I check the settings the outgoing gets changed to 465 I guess from what my friend found out its a known issue, and the best way to really get it to send out is via an app that you choose to use for like hotmail or use the browser and go to hotmail.com from the phone. I know it sucks especially when I need to e-mail my instructor etc and it wont send. I can recieve fine, just not send
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

I actually solved this problem myself. For outgoing set it for port 25 and do not use secure connection or authenticate and u should be fine.