Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    ROM

Default Can't install or uninstall apps

Using my R2-D2, I can't install or Uninstall apps from the Market, Amazon Appstore, or by downloading APK files. I also had some installed apps both from the market and Amazon Appstore disappear.

I've tried going to settings -> applications -> Manage Applications -> All and clearing the data and cache for the appstore and market, but when I bring them up, it just keeps saying "computing" for the storage totals.

I've rebooted, done a battery pull, and taken the SD card out and put it back.

I can read and write data from the SD card. I've taken pictures, viewed and deleted them.

I am rooted, but using the stock 2.2 rom.

Anyone had this problem? Suggestions?
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    ROM

Default Re: Can't install or uninstall apps

The solution was to re-format the sd card.

Quote Originally Posted by circustravis View Post
    Using my R2-D2, I can't install or Uninstall apps from the Market, Amazon Appstore, or by downloading APK files. I also had some installed apps both from the market and Amazon Appstore disappear.

I've tried going to settings -> applications -> Manage Applications -> All and clearing the data and cache for the appstore and market, but when I bring them up, it just keeps saying "computing" for the storage totals.

I've rebooted, done a battery pull, and taken the SD card out and put it back.

I can read and write data from the SD card. I've taken pictures, viewed and deleted them.

I am rooted, but using the stock 2.2 rom.

Anyone had this problem? Suggestions?
    Hey - I am having the very same issue! I have tried the same things and to no avail. I recently upgraded my SDcard to a higher gig. Did you happen to recently update your SD card? I am trying to figure out if it is an app failure, a phone error, my SD card or a virus....

Quote Originally Posted by circustravis View Post
    The solution was to re-format the sd card.
    Do you know how to reformat? When I am on the reboot screen when powering up - I went into recovery mode and it had a line about reformatting the SD card but then couldn't find the file. How did you do yours?