Gingerbread issues

smurfette8202

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I UPDATED MY D2G ON TUESDAY LIKE EVERYONE ELSE.....BUT I THINK THE GINGERBREAD MADE MY FONE WORSE THEN IT WAS BEFORE. NOW MY FONE RESTARTS ALMOST EVERY 2 HOURS. AND MY RINGTONES DONT WORK AFTER AN HOUR OR SO! IS ANYONE ELSE HAVING THIS ISSUE?!
:mad:

GeekNJ

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I have a D2G and the update is fantastic. I think the only time since the end of last week that I restarted my phone was a battery pull because the physical keyboard started to process some keys as shortcuts. That issue also occurred pre-Gingerbread.

jfarling

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
One thing that they say when you use leaks is that if you are getting errors, you should do a factory reset. That when you upgrade, any apps that you have installed may cause issues with the upgrades. So, I would suggest back up your contacts and apps, and do a factory reset.

Ken401

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
It took 16 hrs to get the Gingerbread update. It seems worse now than when I had froyo. It hangs when I am trying to answer a call. when I am trying to use speaker it won't come on or come off of speaker or mute. It had favorite list based on the frequency of calls to contacts which is gone. It seems I am fighting with the phone now.

Ken
Droid 2

justin1578

Nov 7, 2010
Visit site
I have a D2G and the update is fantastic. I think the only time since the end of last week that I restarted my phone was a battery pull because the physical keyboard started to process some keys as shortcuts. That issue also occurred pre-Gingerbread.

Yeah, I was going to put Mexico in quotations, I typed "M and PROSTITUTE popped up.
I typed 30 and got Christmas
I typed 15 and it put 15sex.

The only issue similar to this on Froyo was if I was typing something on a browser, and tapped a spot to correct a typo.. hitting the backspace would paste the last word I typed on the sentence.

*sigh*

One day, one day.

justin1578

Nov 7, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, I was going to put Mexico in quotations, I typed "M and PROSTITUTE popped up.
I typed 30 and got Christmas
I typed 15 and it put 15sex.

The only issue similar to this on Froyo was if I was typing something on a browser, and tapped a spot to correct a typo.. hitting the backspace would paste the last word I typed on the sentence.

*sigh*

One day, one day.

Well I went into settings and disabling anything that resembled spellcheck/autocorrect... idk I didnt do this last year.

JIMV

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
I UPDATED MY D2G ON TUESDAY LIKE EVERYONE ELSE.....BUT I THINK THE GINGERBREAD MADE MY FONE WORSE THEN IT WAS BEFORE. NOW MY FONE RESTARTS ALMOST EVERY 2 HOURS. AND MY RINGTONES DONT WORK AFTER AN HOUR OR SO! IS ANYONE ELSE HAVING THIS ISSUE?!
:mad:
I have to ask a really dumb question...I have a droid 2 global and the system is 2.2, When I ask it to look for updates, it says I am up to date

?????

GeekNJ

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I have to ask a really dumb question...I have a droid 2 global and the system is 2.2, When I ask it to look for updates, it says I am up to date

?????
The upgrade was put on hold when an issue was found around authentication to Microsoft Exchange for corporate users. Once the issue is corrected, they should re-enable the upgrade for anyone that didn't get it yet.

JC Droid

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Anyone having any player issues? My phone provider sends a .wav of any voice mail I receive as an email attachment. Since the upgrade the phone says the player does not support this file type. Any suggestions? It used to play before the upgrade.

JCDroid

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad