Yahoo Mail Issues?

x1sspic

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
I am using motoblur on my droid 2 with gingerbread (official release) for my yahoo mail account. I noticed issue with sent messages failing yesterday afternoon (issue returned this afternoon). Today the inbox only shows mail up to just before noon, however I know there have been multiple new emails since. When I click refresh it shows that it refreshes ok without any error messages, however I know there are new emails that it just isn't seeing. I suspect this is a yahoo server issue (yahoo seems to have problems regularly). Anyone else having issues?? FWIW, I have used the yahoo android app in the past - but it was waaaay too buggy and I didn't like it.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

Rev2010

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
I use K-9. I hated the new scheme in moto's gingerbread so I flashed back and had to clear all my user data. My yahoo mail was only receiving and failing at sending using the info I found all over online. Found I had to use smtp.mail.yahoo.com for sending and imap.mail.yahoo.com for receiving. If I used the often recommended "mobile" address it wouldn't work.

Rev.

macman4

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
I cant get my Yahoo to notify me that I have Email...in the notification bar. Now when I go to my accounts it shows me I have Email and I choose it it will show me all my email...just can't get it to notify me...this is since the OTA gingerbread

x1sspic

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
I ended up deleting the account. Then, instead of adding a Yahoo email account I added it as a generic email account. I used the instructions from Yahoo for adding the yahoo mail account to Microsoft Outlook and manually entered the server settings.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech