Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by dashadow5808 View Post
    The mystery has been solved reboot your phone in safe mode by turning it on while holding ok until R2 goes away it should say safe mode in a corner and start downloading. fyi when it restarts after installing r2 stays on for an extremely long amount of time let him sit and spin if it takes longer than an hour than go ahead and restart. it should start up on its own.

Default Re: R2D2 Gingerbread is Out

Still no-go here. Calling Verizon tech support. I refuse to set foot in another store. Do not like the rude treatment and lack of respect from their staff. Online people though are great

Quote Originally Posted by dashadow5808 View Post
    The mystery has been solved reboot your phone in safe mode by turning it on while holding ok until R2 goes away it should say safe mode in a corner and start downloading. fyi when it restarts after installing r2 stays on for an extremely long amount of time let him sit and spin if it takes longer than an hour than go ahead and restart. it should start up on its own.
    I tried this strategy but the upgrade failed for me. Do you have any more details on how you got it to work?

Quote Originally Posted by bigdav1178 View Post
    I unrooted my phone before I went in. And, no, they did not ask.
    thank you very much.

I finally gave up and went to Verizon. All new people there! I told the tech what I had done trying to update. She said they didn't have the capability to flash the update, so she is getting me a replacement phone over-nighted and under warranty.

Quote Originally Posted by Tanarakis View Post
    I finally gave up and went to Verizon. All new people there! I told the tech what I had done trying to update. She said they didn't have the capability to flash the update, so she is getting me a replacement phone over-nighted and under warranty.
    You made out better than me... mine isn't being overnighted, just USPS, so I don't expect it till next week. Glad to here it worked out for you.

I saw on another forum that someone seems to have been able to finally get their rooted/CWM'd R2D2 to update - I'm very interested in seeing what he had done; supposed to post instructions later.

You made out better than me... mine isn't being overnighted, just USPS, so I don't expect it till next week. Glad to here it worked out for you.

I saw on another forum that someone seems to have been able to finally get their rooted/CWM'd R2D2 to update - I'm very interested in seeing what he had done; supposed to post instructions later.
    I am stuck in the same issue everybody is. I am supposed to send my phone to motorola in TEXAS for them to flash it... but i mean if i can do this here why not. Please post the nandroid backup as soon as possible. How would i flash it to my phone when it is posted?

Turned out this guy was only rooted, so it doesn't help us. Looks like our only hope at this point is the R2D2 SBF, which was actually leaked a while back; but it was thought to be for the Droid Pro at the time. When they realized it was for the R2D2, and another SBF existed for the Droid Pro, the R2D2's SBF seemed to be lost.

The file is "VRZ_A957_2.4.5_1FF_01.sbf". Anybody out there, like Droid Pro users, got this file sitting around somewhere?

I'm set to receive my replacement R2D2 today. If someone would like to offer a little instruction, I'd be happy to make any images or backups or anything else you want.

Looks like we have an SBF for our phone finally! One of our fellow R2D2 owners has flashed the SBF, and is testing the GB update process on it currently.

Wondering why I have not gotten my update. I went to settings, about, update. It says no update available. I want my Gingerbread.

Got my phone, update is finishing up. I can take an image if someone tells me how.

Looks like we have an SBF for our phone finally! One of our fellow R2D2 owners has flashed the SBF, and is testing the GB update process on it currently.

did it work? How do i flash it?

EDIT: Nevermind i am reading a tut on RSDLite right now... cross your fingers im 14 for gods sake i hope i dont brick my phone

EDIT#2:I keep getting the chipset not supported error in RSDLite... Anyone know how to fix this?
    Last edited by trter10; 09-16-2011 at 07:14 PM.

SUCCESS!

I SBF'd back to the original 2.4.5 firmware from the forum above, then downloaded the update and it applied successfully. No factory reset or data loss, I still have all my apps and everything. I did have to re-activate my verizon service after SBF'ing, but that's to be expected.

Thanks guys!

EDIT: I've also re-rooted successfully, and everything is back up and running.

Did anyone root after update to GB?

Global Posts
    704 Global Posts

What takes so long to get this out to everyone, I am still waiting for my Gingerbead update.

Quote Originally Posted by jdscax View Post
    Did anyone root after update to GB?

Yeah. Use the Droid 3 One-click method described here:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12