Adobe Flash player not working on Motorola Droid 2 Global

Dagon327

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
I need help getting Adobe Flash player to work on my Motorola Droid 2 Global A956 phone.

It is a Verizon phone, purchased on eBay,
with the SIM unlocked using ClockworkMod Recovery v2.5.0.8

I have updated flash through market, and also downgraded it as well.
I have also downloaded nearly every .apk version of Flash player from 10 until the latest version and nothing seems to work. YouTube does not work, the functionality is fine, but when you try to play the video, it just endlessly says loading.

Everything else on the phone seems to work fine, besides the system update.
The system is currently at Android 2.2 (2.4.330.A956.Verizon.en.US)
The update (4.5.608.en.US) downloads, but it does not finish installing while the system reboots to apply. After the phone turns back on, it says update did not finish.

I have a lot of experience with computers, but limited with phones, so you'll have to work with me on that. I know how to downloaded .apk files and install them.

scarryman04

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
You only need flash to play videos and such inside the browser...the YouTube app doesn't Require Flash.

The update isn't sticking because your rooted.

scarryman04

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Your going to have to do this to bring it back to stock to get the update to stick: http://forums.androidcentral.com/droid-2-rooting-roms-hacks/75388-how-sbf-back-stock.html

Then accept the Gingerbread OTA update, and re-root if you want using this method: http://forums.androidcentral.com/droid-3-rooting-roms-hacks/117845-how-root-droid-3-a.html

I would imagine you would still be unlocked because your only messing with the ROM but don't quote me on that.

Flash isn't really a "program" more of a language that speaks with HTML to let videos/games work in your browser.

As for the YouTube app not working properly just uninstall it and reinstall through the market and see if that helps.

Last edited:

Dagon327

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
Will this affect the fact that my SIM is unlocked, or will it lock it back up again?
And if so, is there a free way to unlock it again?

Dagon327

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
OK, all has been finished, it's like a brand new phone now.

The SIM unlock was not disturbed. It is still unlocked.

Everything works! Woo Hoo!

---The 2.4.330 worked fine.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781