- 84 Posts
possible to activate VZW Droid 2 Global directly on international network?
I recently bought a Droid 2 Global but is there any way for me to use it abroad using a foreign carrier's SIM card without first activating it on VZW first? I don't have any numbers that I can activate on VZW - on my family plan, we all have phones and don't need to switch. But if I can use this phone while I'm abroad, I'd be happy to know.
- 12-01-2012, 06:31 PM #2
- 285 Posts
Re: possible to activate VZW Droid 2 Global directly on international network?
d2g needs to be sim unlocked
you need a simcard to check
if you install a sim card (not votafone), reboot phone, if it asks for unlock code phone is still locked
if you know someone that has a sim card
you can try theirs, also some sim cards need a unlock code
if phone is sim locked, try
a online sim unlocker, some have got correct codes some have not
a couple threads in my list about this
sd_shadow's list of links for Droid FAQs, SBF, Rooting, ROMs....
Sent from my XT862 using Android Central Forums[ROOT] Framaroot, a one-click .APK to root
I have verified it works with these Motorola devices running android 2.3.4
Droid 2 (a955), Droid 2 Global (a956), R2D2 (a957), & Droid X (MB810)
- By Cris-C in forum Droid BionicReplies: 3Last Post: 12-22-2011, 07:31 AM
- By SuperChargedJ in forum Motorola X Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 5Last Post: 10-22-2010, 10:46 AM
- By DougFNJ in forum Verizon FascinateReplies: 1Last Post: 09-14-2010, 07:43 PM
- By bugler in forum Motorola Droid XReplies: 3Last Post: 07-27-2010, 01:55 PM
- By Scout_313 in forum Software Development and HackingReplies: 3Last Post: 05-23-2010, 10:57 AM