1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Does the Droid 2 still worth it ?

HI,

My iPhone 4 is dead (iPhone don't like hard concrete), and i'm currently with my iPhone 2G (funny, everybody wants to take a look at it when i get it out of my pocket). I always kind of want the Droid 2 because of its look and its keyboard, i can have one for 80$ mint condition, does it worth it ? I can put ICS but does it lag ? Can i still have like whatsapp, every new apps ?

Thanks for anwser
    Last edited by Stevenojobs; 03-27-2013 at 05:22 AM.

Global Posts
    30 Global Posts

Default Re: Does the Droid 2 still worth it ?

I still use the D2G for my every day phone. I would say no if you want to play apps. Most apps being created use more RAM then is available for use with the phone. I am counting the days till June when I can get a new phone. Some camera app issues when saving and at least in my area some coverage issues that apply to just my phone (not friends phones). My phone has never been dropped, still in great condition! However, I can't play most of the free apps of the day from amazon. Look for something a bit newer to jump on, something with more ram! You can modify it to a different OS but lack of processing power and ram will still be an issue. Good luck phone hunting!
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Thank you for your answer ! I'm still looking for the right phone, or maybe i'll juste wait june to see how the new iPhone is, if it isn't good, i'll go for an android... It's a shame i wanted to know how it feels to have a real keyboard again...

I had gingerbread update that totally messed it up. had to pull battery out to power off when freeze. The power on/off button finally gave out.
    I need to plug into a running computers usb in order to power up and pull battery to power off.. I bought it for the multimedia dock/alarm clock and car mount GPS. Never really used them much.