1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    1,149 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default Are you waiting for the Droid Pro??

So is the news of a the Pro launching in November keeping you from buying the Droid 2?

Global Posts
    693 Global Posts

Thinking about waiting. Don't use the world capabilities much, though. I have a Droid now, I'd like the better keyboard but I'm sure the pro will have a better keyboard as well. Guess I'll check out the D2 and see how I like it.

Quote Originally Posted by md12 View Post
    Thinking about waiting. Don't use the world capabilities much, though. I have a Droid now, I'd like the better keyboard but I'm sure the pro will have a better keyboard as well. Guess I'll check out the D2 and see how I like it.
    If it has a keyboard then I'll wait, but if not then... yeah that's another story.

Global Posts
    798 Global Posts

And that's just it, isn't it? Sure would have been easier had they made the DROID 2 w/ a 4" screen.

Default Re: Are you waiting for the Droid Pro??

I thought about it but weighed it out. my x does everything i want ridiculously fast internet gaming everything. i wouldnt have a need and i dont think anyone else needs a 1.3 ghz cell. But then again no one needs a 12 cylinder car but there floating around. just not pratical for my needs. It would have to be thick i mean if they put a regular battery in it itll probably die after booting up.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    Droid 3!!!!! Insert Evil Laugh

Global Posts
    693 Global Posts

I'd be surprised if the DPro doesn't have a physical keyboard, business users like myself tend to prefer them. One big problem with the D1 is the keyboard isn't great, but at least it's there.

From BGR, the rumor is "a 1.3GHz CPU, 4″ screen and global roaming capabilities". If you're the business travel type, definitely worth the wait. But for most people there isn't much else it seems to offer other than a slightly faster CPU. But we'll see as time will tell.
    Moto X (Olive Green, Black front, Orange accents (Dec. 2013)
    Previously: Samsung Galaxy Nexus (Dec. 2011) - Droid X (July 2010) - Blackberry Tour 9630 (July 2009) - Dumbphones (pre-July 2009)

Default Re: Are you waiting for the Droid Pro??

[QUOTE=CarbonOak;281217]From BGR, the rumor is "a 1.3GHz CPU, 4
    Droid 3!!!!! Insert Evil Laugh

There will always be a new "latest greatest to wait for". Picked up my d2 saturday.

ROM
    CNA 3.0/leanKernel 4.2.0

Like many here, I'll probably wait if I have a sense that it'll have a physical keyboard. That's my biggest thing as I'm a BB user now (and former Storm owner). And I'm not in a great hurry to upgrade, so I can't wait until November. My BB will do fine until then.

Also, I was hoping for a better camera/video camera from the D2. Hopefully, the Droid Pro will be more along the lines of the DX as far as that's concerned. If so, it'll be hard to pass it up as I think it'll be more of what I had hoped the D2 to be, and more considering the other hardware upgrades as well.

Quote Originally Posted by spurry29 View Post
    There will always be a new "latest greatest to wait for". Picked up my d2 saturday.
    Amen....

ROM
    CNA 3.0/leanKernel 4.2.0

Absolutely, as is the case with most all technology items. So then for me, it comes down to how eager one is to upgrade. I'd love to have a new phone. But, I not so eager that I can't wait until November if the Pro looks like it will suit my needs better than what's out there now (Droid 2/X/Inc) or on the horizon (Fascinate). Come November, if there are rumors of even greater devices coming out (which will probably be the case), then I have to reassess -- am I eager enough to pull the trigger and upgrade or can I wait longer for an even more suitable device?
    Mr Fix-It

ROM
    Stock Rooted

I'm definitely waiting and I'd love to know in advance if either the Droid 2 or Droid Pro is going to carry the e-fuse like the Droid X did. I don't live for the custom roms but the performance tweaks are greatly appreciated.

Thumbs up Duck and cover .. my phone's name is Sulu, Mr. Sulu

There will always be the "next great phone", and you'd kill yourself trying to keep up. I think like a bear in hibernation, I'm going to focus on my Dx and not worry about the next great phone for a while.

Congrats on your D2!

I'll be waiting! I'm hoping the Droid Pro will have Gingerbread on it--that alone is worth it.

Just got back from a Verizon store. I had been wanting to get some hands on time with a D2 since I had already played with a DX. Spent quite a bit of time with both phones and really wanted to like the D2 so I could walk out of the store with it. I kept going back to the DX over and over again and being impressed by how much more "snappy" the use of the phone seemed to be. I still had problems with the on screen keyboard and can't really get used to it. As a result I'm going to hold of on the D2 and wait for the Pro.

I think....hell I may end up with an X since my current phone, Blackberry Tour, is in the midst of dying and I may not be able to wait that long.

Quote Originally Posted by shiner View Post
    I think....hell I may end up with an X since my current phone, Blackberry Tour, is in the midst of dying and I may not be able to wait that long.
    Based on the wait times that Verizon is publishing you may not get your hands on an X all that soon unless you're coming from another network.

My friend was coming from an iPhone and the girl at his store managed to find on X for him in less than 24 hours. Then he sent another friend in and guy #2 got an X within a day or two. In both cases they said it was because they were switchers that they got bumped to the top of the list.