Official: Post Droid 2 questions, get answers

kevin@teslacoilsw

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Can someone with a Droid 2 test this beta build of TeslaLED Flashlight to see if it works? I know the Market version does not, but this enables a special mode for the Droid 2 which I'm hoping is all that's needed.

If it does work please also check if the LED can stay on after the screen is turned off.

http://teslacoilsw.com/tmp/TeslaLED_2.0.2beta2.apk

Letting me know by email would be great, but I'll try to keep an eye on this thread too.

Thanks

El Snirk

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Camera question

On the pictures I've seen from the camera, in 1:1 everything looks very heavily processed and smudgy with sharp spots. Is it possible to circumvent this and save images with less processing/compression and higher actual quality or is the camera a bit so-so?

Thanks

dj_elite

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
To the contacts part, I know that on the Original Droid you could filter contact by whether or not there was a phone number. That was in display options in contacts. You still can still get contacts' email etc but they won't show when you're trying to dial a phone number.

For the Facebook part, I had facebook sync turned off(also on the OD) and none of my facebook friends are in my contacts, only google contacts with phone numbers show.

Not an option on this version... I think when you're in the dialer it only shows contacts that have phone numbers, but with 1,300+ facebook friends, a lot of them had phone numbers listed.

I ended up doing a hard reset on my phone actually... I was trying to remove my facebook account and it wouldn't let me. I didn't re-add it after the wipe.

For the contacts, I have two google accounts- one personal gmail account (which was what i was using) as well as a work account which i access 99% of the time via mail on my mac, so none of the contacts were in gmail. what i did was I added the contacts I wanted (that were on My Contacts on my personal gmail account) to the contacts on my work and only sync the contacts with the work account.

The downside of all this is I no longer have facebook pictures/statuses syncing to my phonebook, but my phonebook/contacts are so much more responsive and my battery life (which was a huge beef I had) has improved dramatically. I attribute this to the phone not constantly syncing facebook statuses and photos for 1,300+ people.

zeni

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Can someone with a Droid 2 test this beta build of TeslaLED Flashlight to see if it works? I know the Market version does not, but this enables a special mode for the Droid 2 which I'm hoping is all that's needed.

If it does work please also check if the LED can stay on after the screen is turned off.

http://teslacoilsw.com/tmp/TeslaLED_2.0.2beta2.apk

Letting me know by email would be great, but I'll try to keep an eye on this thread too.

Thanks

I can't send PMS yet and I couldn't find your email
the app worked fine on my Droid2....it stayed on after I turned off the screen
hope that helps

darrylmendo

May 4, 2010
Visit site
Does the Droid 2 physical keyboard include spell-check? Either predictive text or spell-check upon sending?

Actually, if you download smart keyboard pro there is a setting that you can enable to allow your physical keyboard to use it's predictive/spell-check feature.

So if you set up "u" to autocorrect to "you" in smart keyboard pro your physical keyboard will do it also.

IamAlastair

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
I live in the UK and have been with Android since the G1 2 years back and have been following since then, I was wondering if any of the phones I see released over here will ever make it to the UK?
I know some do like the Droid was released as the Milestone here but are we likely to see the Droid 2 is this yet another exclusive US phone? :(
Cheers

sgtmack

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
I've seen rumors of a "world phone" version of the D2. It would make sense to release it in the rest of the "world" if they did make one.
So maybe?

SpaceMuffin

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
I don't understand why the unlock screen, the part you swipe has lag. Along with swiping across screens has some lag.

Those are the two big things that bother me.

There's also no smilies for text messages wtf.

Actually the unlock lag bothers me too. Swiping across the screen to unlock should be a lot smoother.

Chipolito

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
Event Log/Battery Quick pull

Is there an event log on the droid 2 as on the blackberry? Having moved from the BB to the droid2, I was used to deleting the event log once a day. Have not been able to find this on the Droid 2.

Also used to use quick pull on BB for hard restart. Does the droid 2 need to do this as well?

Thanks!

SpaceMuffin

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
Widget Locker is awesome! Thanks for the tip. Love the ability to turn on with any hardware button and unlock with the camera button! And no more slider lag either. Cool app..worth the $2.

storm6610

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
There is a problem with widget locker right now though..on the d2 with the corporate exchange bug (apparently from what I read its a bug)...whereby it forces you to enter an unlock code.

when running widget locker, you slide to unlock via widget locker, then you get the droid 2 stock unlock which you slide, and THEN you have to input your code.

I emailed the Dev about this, and he very timely responded (which is always nice) saying he is aware of this and trying to come up with a remedy..

I hope he does soon as the program is very handy...

Jonegross

Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
So in the contacts if a facebook account has a status update it covers the phone number. Is there a setting for this? The lack of spell checker is a real bummer. Any apps work like BB spellcheck?

Reactions: smurfette8202

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2