Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by tomiwah View Post
    Does the Droid 2 physical keyboard include spell-check? Either predictive text or spell-check upon sending?
    Actually, if you download smart keyboard pro there is a setting that you can enable to allow your physical keyboard to use it's predictive/spell-check feature.

So if you set up "u" to autocorrect to "you" in smart keyboard pro your physical keyboard will do it also.

I live in the UK and have been with Android since the G1 2 years back and have been following since then, I was wondering if any of the phones I see released over here will ever make it to the UK?
    I know some do like the Droid was released as the Milestone here but are we likely to see the Droid 2 is this yet another exclusive US phone?
    Cheers

I've seen rumors of a "world phone" version of the D2. It would make sense to release it in the rest of the "world" if they did make one.
    So maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by shoman24v View Post
    I don't understand why the unlock screen, the part you swipe has lag. Along with swiping across screens has some lag.

Those are the two big things that bother me.

There's also no smilies for text messages wtf.

Actually the unlock lag bothers me too. Swiping across the screen to unlock should be a lot smoother.

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceMuffin View Post
    Actually the unlock lag bothers me too. Swiping across the screen to unlock should be a lot smoother.
    Check out Widget Locker. No lag and a ton more functionality.

Global Posts
    5 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by karnovaran View Post
    Check out Widget Locker. No lag and a ton more functionality.
    I have tried the market to find this but it comes up with many apps. Who makes this. Thanks!

Global Posts
    5 Global Posts

Default Event Log/Battery Quick pull

Is there an event log on the droid 2 as on the blackberry? Having moved from the BB to the droid2, I was used to deleting the event log once a day. Have not been able to find this on the Droid 2.

Also used to use quick pull on BB for hard restart. Does the droid 2 need to do this as well?

Thanks!

Widget Locker is awesome! Thanks for the tip. Love the ability to turn on with any hardware button and unlock with the camera button! And no more slider lag either. Cool app..worth the $2.

Is the battery life on the Droid 2 really that bad? IS the Droid X's battery life any better?

Quote Originally Posted by Chipolito View Post
    I have tried the market to find this but it comes up with many apps. Who makes this. Thanks!
    TeslaCoil.. its $2 and well worth it

There is a problem with widget locker right now though..on the d2 with the corporate exchange bug (apparently from what I read its a bug)...whereby it forces you to enter an unlock code.

when running widget locker, you slide to unlock via widget locker, then you get the droid 2 stock unlock which you slide, and THEN you have to input your code.

I emailed the Dev about this, and he very timely responded (which is always nice) saying he is aware of this and trying to come up with a remedy..

I hope he does soon as the program is very handy...

Accidently deleted Flash 10.1 on my D2 and Adobe wont let me download saying its coming for Droid?

So in the contacts if a facebook account has a status update it covers the phone number. Is there a setting for this? The lack of spell checker is a real bummer. Any apps work like BB spellcheck?
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by brucegolfnut View Post
    Accidently deleted Flash 10.1 on my D2 and Adobe wont let me download saying its coming for Droid?
    Try this.

If that doesn't work, a factory reset should do the trick.
    Thanked by:

Thanks but that didn't do it!
    Adobe site still says it's beta?..?..?

Default Email

I have my Gmail account on my computer set up so that I both send and receive from a non gmail account (.edu account). I got my Droid 2 today and set it up, and in gmail I receive the emails from the .edu account, but cannot send the emails from the .edu account in gmail. Is there any way I can set it up so that gmail on my droid mirrors gmail on my computer?

Global Posts
    31 Global Posts

Man, this phone looks great. I *love* my Droid 1, but I like the new style of the Droid 2.

If only I could just extend my contract and trade up to Droid 2 for $99.00.

I don't get the point of this flash. What do I need it for? I tried to watch some flash videos on some of the major tv networks websites and I get errors every time. What gives?

Quote Originally Posted by AQucsaiJr View Post
    I don't get the point of this flash. What do I need it for? I tried to watch some flash videos on some of the major tv networks websites and I get errors every time. What gives?
    If you're talking about Hulu, they have disabled it for mobile devices because of licensing restrictions. I've watched full length Flash videos on other sites.

Also, sites like CNN don't work on the mobile version of their site because the videos are .mov's. If you switch to the full site, the videos are Flash and they work great.

So then why do we need flash? Is it for games? I do find it nice to be able to view full web pages as they would appear on a computer, but that can't be the only reason. Not with all the hype surrounding flash on a mobile phone.

I was able to play some videos but they were not the best.

Quote Originally Posted by AQucsaiJr View Post
    So then why do we need flash? Is it for games? I do find it nice to be able to view full web pages as they would appear on a computer, but that can't be the only reason. Not with all the hype surrounding flash on a mobile phone.

I was able to play some videos but they were not the best.
    The videos I've seen look great. Try:

(click" cancel" on the pop up window asking to transfer to mobile site)

(scroll to bottom and click on full site)

(scroll to bottom and click on full site)

Make sure you are viewing the full sites and not the mobile sites. Also make sure to always click the full screen icon for each video. It is much better quality and eliminates the choppiness.

Regarding Hulu: It's Hulu themselves who are not allowing mobile devices to use their site, it's not a limitation of your Droid 2.

Global Posts
    4 Global Posts

In the Froyo Feature overview posted back in June, it stated that Froyo has a Threaded Call Log, and a 3D Gallery. I have a Droid 2 with none of these features. Am I missing Something? Thanks.
    phone addict

Global Posts
    3,665 Global Posts
    ROM
    mean

they were removed by Motorola so Motorola could use their proprietary junk
    i mean apps
    Rooted for life

Global Posts
    51 Global Posts

When using the touchscreen for text entry, can you turn the phone on its side and get a landscape swype keyboard?

I like the size of the D2 and I like swype, but I also like landscape keyboards. (I know, the DX has it but man it's a big phone)
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast