Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 76 to 100 of 123
  1. #76  

    Default

    Got a replacement Droid 2 and my A2DP audio is working infinitely better.

    I have had an issue that has occurred on my defective Droid and the new one I just got where the music on my SD card shows up, but whatever I try to play it it tells me something like it's an unsupported file type or some nonsense.

    I do a shift-alt-delete reset and all my music plays fine after reboot.

    I am wondering if Pandora is causing this somehow.

    Anyone else have this type of issue or know how to avoid it?

    Maybe I'll see if this happens with the stock SD card as I am using a 16GB....
  2. #77  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by _alphaBeta_ View Post
    I believe the Dazzle widget has the ability to shutdown both the 3G and cell radio (seperately controlled).
    AWESOME! Thanks, it does....I am going to test it out right now....

    SWEET...its working perfectly so far.
  3. #78  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blaisedinsd View Post
    AWESOME! Thanks, it does....I am going to test it out right now....

    SWEET...its working perfectly so far.
    Glad it's working for you.

    I'll pose a question: Do I have to proactively update google maps and other core applications, or do they come with system updates?

    Google's website says the following:
    Tap Maps on the home screen. Search for "Google Maps" in Android Market to update.
    Not sure how this would work since maps doesn't show as an installed app from the market's perspective, so it doesn't look like it would update it. Will I wind up with two maps applications on the phone?

    On a related question, how are road changes handled? Do I need to install a newer version of maps & navigator, or are fresh maps and navigation data always pulled to the phone from google?
  4. #79  

    Default

    I know you can update maps, flash, and other apps in the market....they won't give you 2 installs.

    I would think that a system update might update these versions as well.

    The maps come from google over your data connection....so they are google maps. Not sure how often google updates their maps, but we should always get the latest version that google has.
  5. #80  

    Default

    The on screen TOUCH Keyboards & physical Keyboard: Currently when I hold down a key (long hover) the alt characters that pop up (umlauts etc), Is there anyway to make CAPITALS of the standard letters pop up instead?

    I'm lazy and want to save keystrokes and don't have any use for the alt characters
  6. #81  

    Default

    Just got my D2G and love it. Wondering is there a way to get the video player to list the videos in alpha order instead of by modify date? I too miss the hold the up or down volume button to skip a song. I tried using the music player built into the phone but it would only play one song at a time even with shuffle clicked, how do I get it to play through my song list?
  7. #82  
    HMBgal's Avatar

    Posts
    51 Posts
    Global Posts
    305 Global Posts

    Default

    Droid newbie here, read the whole thread and can't find an answer for my very silly question. When I talk on the phone with my headset, I like to be able to go to my calendar, make notes, etc. But the screen blanks out, and I can't get to to come back on with out touching the power button and then the call gets cut off. I guess I'm used to my old Storm: when the screen locked, you just touched the screen or unlock button and you could use any other program on the phone while you were talking (except the browser, of course). I feel kind of dumb that I can't figure this out.
    Thanks for your help. Having fun with the phone. Man. When they say "Droid Does," they aren't kidding.
  8. #83  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HMBgal View Post
    Droid newbie here, read the whole thread and can't find an answer for my very silly question. When I talk on the phone with my headset, I like to be able to go to my calendar, make notes, etc. But the screen blanks out, and I can't get to to come back on with out touching the power button and then the call gets cut off. I guess I'm used to my old Storm: when the screen locked, you just touched the screen or unlock button and you could use any other program on the phone while you were talking (except the browser, of course). I feel kind of dumb that I can't figure this out.
    Thanks for your help. Having fun with the phone. Man. When they say "Droid Does," they aren't kidding.
    The screen should turn back on when you take the phone away from your head. There's a proximity sensor which blanks out the screen to conserve power and to avoid your face touching the buttons during a call. If your screen isn't coming back on, there could be a problem with the proximity sensor.
  9. #84  
    HMBgal's Avatar

    Posts
    51 Posts
    Global Posts
    305 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by _alphaBeta_ View Post
    The screen should turn back on when you take the phone away from your head. There's a proximity sensor which blanks out the screen to conserve power and to avoid your face touching the buttons during a call. If your screen isn't coming back on, there could be a problem with the proximity sensor.
    Thanks for your answer, and that's what I thought; my BlackBerry was like that. Nope, my D2 stays black and locked down. Kind of a pain. I can sometimes get the screen to come back on if open the slider, but that's pretty inconvenient and even that doesn't always work. I've looked for settings that might affect this, but the phone is pretty stock and I haven't messed with much other that to turn off the haptic feedback thing, although that doesn't work 100% either.
  10. #85  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HMBgal View Post
    Thanks for your answer, and that's what I thought; my BlackBerry was like that. Nope, my D2 stays black and locked down. Kind of a pain. I can sometimes get the screen to come back on if open the slider, but that's pretty inconvenient and even that doesn't always work. I've looked for settings that might affect this, but the phone is pretty stock and I haven't messed with much other that to turn off the haptic feedback thing, although that doesn't work 100% either.
    To my knowledge there aren't stock settings that control the blackout. Sounds like a defective D2.
  11. #86  

    Default

    New D2G owner here. Is there any way (without rooting) to change the awful shutdown and bootup sounds when I power my phone on and off?
  12. #87  

    Default text message issue

    I am having a problem with text messages since the last system update on my D2. If the are "/" or "()" in the message half the message get cut off. Anyone else having this problem?
  13. #88  

    Default

    So I downloaded LauncherPro and LiveHome, I like them both, but not as much as the stock phone Home program. I went into the app settings and cleared the default Home launcher, but now when I press the Home button on the bottom, it only shows LauncherPro and LiveHome.

    How do I get back to the stock Home launcher? And more importantly, how do I set it back as default without deleting the other launchers?
  14. #89  
    BenSWoodruff's Avatar

    Posts
    64 Posts
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Physical Keyboard...

    Quote Originally Posted by tomiwah View Post
    Does the Droid 2 physical keyboard include spell-check? Either predictive text or spell-check upon sending?
    I've only found the physical keyboard changing words for punctuation (ie, theyre to they're, etc.) and word shortcuts that you can set up and edit in the Language & Keyboard settings.

    I love the physical keyboard and nice finish, and now that it's rooted with Fission ROM running, it is finally a good software experience as well. My Motoblur was typically slowing down scrolling and multi-tasking by having too many background services or something. Plus, I really don't like very many of the widgets and UI touch-ups included in blur. I do also run the Gingerbread Launcher which can be found in the Market. Cheers!

    P/S: btw, here-->http://www.droidforums.net/forum/res...root-them.html is the guide I used to root my D2. It took me about 20 mins and I'm no genius!
  15. #90  
    BenSWoodruff's Avatar

    Posts
    64 Posts
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Return it???

    Quote Originally Posted by HMBgal View Post
    Thanks for your answer, and that's what I thought; my BlackBerry was like that. Nope, my D2 stays black and locked down. Kind of a pain. I can sometimes get the screen to come back on if open the slider, but that's pretty inconvenient and even that doesn't always work. I've looked for settings that might affect this, but the phone is pretty stock and I haven't messed with much other that to turn off the haptic feedback thing, although that doesn't work 100% either.
    I'd suggest getting it replaced. No point in holding on to damaged goods.
  16. #91  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Music Ian View Post
    So I downloaded LauncherPro and LiveHome, I like them both, but not as much as the stock phone Home program. I went into the app settings and cleared the default Home launcher, but now when I press the Home button on the bottom, it only shows LauncherPro and LiveHome.

    How do I get back to the stock Home launcher? And more importantly, how do I set it back as default without deleting the other launchers?
    For some reason Motorola set their Home as the lowest priority which is rather obnoxious of them as it makes it impossible to set it as the default if you have an alternative Home installed.
    My HomeSmack app HomeSmack - Android app on AppBrain has a "Motorola HomeHelper" that acts as a work around so you can hit the Home button and get the Motorola Home. (This is the only option on the Motorola Tab that doesn't require root)

    Still it's only a work around and if you really prefer the Motorola Home you probably should uninstall LauncherPro and LiveHome so the real default is Motorola. (HomeHelper might cause the Motorola Home to redraw sometimes).

    -Kevin
  17. #92  

    Default

    (edited myself ...wrong area)

    MM
    Wishing more friends were like Slinky's, so when I got bored, I could just push them down the stairs...
  18. #93  

    Default

    had a droid incredible.......switched to a droid 2.......im used to viewing the webpages in a non mobile form. i cant do it on the droid 2. is there a setting to change this?!
  19. #94  
    Smitty_82's Avatar
    Android Addict

    Posts
    1,595 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,597 Global Posts
    ROM
    ICS / Stock

    Default

    try typing "about:debug" enter in the browser address bar. Then go to the menu>settings>ua string> select desktop.
  20. #95  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Smitty_82 View Post
    try typing "about:debug" enter in the browser address bar. Then go to the menu>settings>ua string> select desktop.
    im not seeing this ua string!
  21. #96  
    Smitty_82's Avatar
    Android Addict

    Posts
    1,595 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,597 Global Posts
    ROM
    ICS / Stock

    Default

    Ok, I'll double check when I get back to my desk on my D2.
  22. #97  

    Default

    Is there anyway to make your phone alerts longer such as text message is one alert and done can i make them continous? Same questions for email alerts can i make the alert sound longer?
  23. #98  
    shawn13165's Avatar

    Posts
    3 Posts
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts

    Default

    Is there anyway to change the notification bar color to black from the stock white color, without having to add a whole new theme? I only want to change the notification bar color.
  24. #99  

    Default

    Is there an easy program ir app to use to make the pics I have loaded the right size so I dont have to use cropped pics for my wallpaper? I do like using my own pics for the wallpaper but hate having to crop a small part of it to fit.
  25. #100  

    Question Droid 2 update

    I have a refurbished Droid 2 and it has version 2.2
    when is the update coming out for this phone? I keep checking and it says it's up to date. and no it's not rooted
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions