Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Default Screen randomly goes black

Anyone else having a problem of the screen going randomly black? I can be scrolling through facebook posts, or text messages and the screen will go black.
    I have had this problem for the past few days, and have even tried rebooting with no luck.
    My screen timeout is set to 2 minutes, but the screen will fade after a few seconds. I then need to hit the button to wake it back up and unlock the main screen before I can get back to where I was.

Any ideas? Anyone?

You likely have in-pocket protection activated in the display settings.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL

Default browser login issues

I seem to be the only one having this issue, as far as I can tell, so perhaps I'm doing something stupidly wrong. Anyway, I can't log in to any websites through the browser. The pages will load fine, and I can put in user name and password and click on the button to submit. (it'll go orange). But nothing will happen- or if something does, it basically sits there and just shows the loading circle going around and around forever and ever. It's not a connection problem, because browsing in general works fine.

But it's driving me a little crazy.

(Additionally, if anyone knows away to use the built-in facebook/twitter etc without it porting everyone I have on those services into my contacts, I'd be extremely appreciative).

Default new to DROID

im a converted crackberry addict to droid since my tour was on its last leg i git the D2G. Few questions:

1. lock screen. since the phone has a lock button, why do i have to swipe the screen after i press the lock button to unlock my phone? is there a way to change it so i only need to press the lock/unlock button?

2. notifications. on blackberries i could set detailed custom notifications for each contact, such as if i receive a text message from xxx, it could be silenced but continue to get txts with sound from everyone else. plus i could set a different text and call notifications for each individual contact. is this possible?

3. contact sync. it seems to me that my blackberry synced way more contacts to my facebook friends and updated their display pictures than my droid is. In fact i know for sure my bb was able to link more profiles to my contacts. why is that? and how can i fix this?

4. mac support. is there any? Is there some software that i can get to sync my itunes playlists to my droid?

5. contacts. how do i stop it from defaulting to displaying all contacts? I just need my phone contacts on my contact list. thats all.

6. besides the obvious amazon and blockbuster bloatware, what else can i remove?

7. task manager. i always heard they were good. but now theyre bad? whats up with that?

any help you guys can give, i greatly appreciate in advance, thanks! =)

Global Posts
    10 Global Posts

I would also be interested in Mac software. Any way to also make a full picture show up when you receive a phone call?

Quote Originally Posted by travelingfool View Post
    Also, sites like CNN don't work on the mobile version of their site because the videos are .mov's. If you switch to the full site, the videos are Flash and they work great.
    The CNN videos play find on my phone.

Global Posts
    31 Global Posts

I convinced my GF to switch from T-Mobile (jail broken iphone) to Verizon and to get a Droid style phone. She ended up with a Droid 2 Global and while she likes a few things, she is simply not as happy with the droid 2 compared to her iPhone 3g(s?). And for the most part, I would have to agree with her. I don't see any perks for a casual user to want to have a Droid 2. She has experienced multiple problems (listed below) and is really ready to switch back to an i-phone.

Problems:
    1.) Touch Screen freezes when plugged in.
    2.) Random resets.
    3.) Non-Responsive
    4.) Horrid battery life

Is there any reason, for a casual user, to not use an i-phone?

(Me? I'm all droid all the way.)

Quote Originally Posted by bent007 View Post
    im a converted crackberry addict to droid since my tour was on its last leg i git the D2G. Few questions:

1. lock screen. since the phone has a lock button, why do i have to swipe the screen after i press the lock button to unlock my phone? is there a way to change it so i only need to press the lock/unlock button?

2. notifications. on blackberries i could set detailed custom notifications for each contact, such as if i receive a text message from xxx, it could be silenced but continue to get txts with sound from everyone else. plus i could set a different text and call notifications for each individual contact. is this possible?

3. contact sync. it seems to me that my blackberry synced way more contacts to my facebook friends and updated their display pictures than my droid is. In fact i know for sure my bb was able to link more profiles to my contacts. why is that? and how can i fix this?

4. mac support. is there any? Is there some software that i can get to sync my itunes playlists to my droid?

5. contacts. how do i stop it from defaulting to displaying all contacts? I just need my phone contacts on my contact list. thats all.

6. besides the obvious amazon and blockbuster bloatware, what else can i remove?

7. task manager. i always heard they were good. but now theyre bad? whats up with that?

any help you guys can give, i greatly appreciate in advance, thanks! =)
    1. Download a widget called "No Lock." Works like a charm.

2. Go to your contacts. Select the contact you want to customize the notification for. Hit Menu>Options and you'll be able to select your ringtone type.

3. Download an app called "SyncMyPix." It will sync your contacts with their profile pics from facebook. Just make sure their name is typed in in your contacts the same exact way they have their name spelled in facebook.

4. Not sure about that one.

5. Open your contacts app. Menu>Display Options> Check "Only contacts with phones."

You don't have to do this part but I've unsynced my facebook with my phone because it's soooo annoying having soooo many contacts in my contact book. I now just depend on SyncMyPix to update the contact pics for me which is all I need. Also, I think syncing your facebook drains battery. If you want to do this also from go to Settings>Accounts & Sync>Turn off Sync for your Facebook account.

6. idk.

7. I don't use task managers and i've never had an issue.

hope this helps...

Default Question on D2G

Hi all,

I've been playing around with my d2g for the past month... I have installed fission 2.4.3. I have heard of other roms like Liberty and ApeX, which I geuss you can use if you convert them using the Romer tool.

Has anyone successfully done this?

Any thoughts on Liberty or ApeX?

Any advice is welcomed!

Default Re: Official: Post Droid 2 questions, get answers

Sometimes when I'm texting, I would press the letter "g" and google would pop up. Same with "b" for browser, and "l" for calendar. It just does that randomly, and I have to turn it off for it to stop being shortcuts. Any idea on how to stop it? It's not a big deal, but it's rather annoying.

Hi couple questions,

1. Is there a way to stop the phone from vibrating when hitting the home, menu etc buttons on the bottom of the phone screen? We've unchecked hepatic feedback on the touch screen but it still vibrates when hitting those 4 main buttons.

2. Does turning the phone off and then back on reboot it or can you only do that by pulling the battery? I currently own a Thunderbolt and there is a restart option but on my boyfriend's Droid 2G there isn't that same option.

Thanks

Global Posts
    1,546 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by DemolitionGirl View Post
    Anyone else having a problem of the screen going randomly black? I can be scrolling through facebook posts, or text messages and the screen will go black.
    I have had this problem for the past few days, and have even tried rebooting with no luck.
    My screen timeout is set to 2 minutes, but the screen will fade after a few seconds. I then need to hit the button to wake it back up and unlock the main screen before I can get back to where I was.

Any ideas? Anyone?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethean View Post
    You likely have in-pocket protection activated in the display settings.
    I also have a D2Global and have this same problem. I don't see the option to turn on/off in pocket protection however - where would this be? Running stock as far as I know recently upgraded to Gingerbread OTA not long after getting the phone used.

Global Posts
    15 Global Posts

Is there a way to test a 3g connection on Verizon without swapping phones? I thought I had read somewhere where you could dial a particular number sequence to test it. I have a Droid 2 I need to test.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    151 Global Posts

My husband's D2 randomly asks him to log in with his google (gmail) username and password. It is very annoying. Does anyone else have this problem? How do I make it stop?

ROM
    Jelly Bean/ Thors ICS

Is he already logged in?

Hi there,

I have a Droid 2 running on Android version 2.3.3 using Verizon as my provider. As of this morning whenever I try to type anything with the physical keyboard (SMS, Notepad, contacts, etc) I receive an activity not responding message. To my knowledge there have been no updates to the OS or any of the applications between the period in which everything worked fine and everything stopped working. I have discovered that the issue is with the auto-complete so turning it off in the settings is a good work around. I wanted to see if anyone has a permanent solution and an explanation for what could be causing this issue. Thanks for your help!

ROM
    Jelly Bean/ Thors ICS

check out the post Droid 2 keyboard freezing...that should help you out
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    151 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by scarryman04 View Post
    Is he already logged in?
    Well, he has never logged out. I don't believe he ever had this problem with his Droid 1 (or I'm sure I would have heard about it). It seems to be pretty random.

ROM
    Jelly Bean/ Thors ICS

Hmm, sorry but I cant really be much help because I never used the official 2.3 MotoBlur. I've had a custom ROM so I dont know what all options you have...the only advice I could give would be for him to delete the account then re add it back in the phone.

Global Posts
    151 Global Posts

Thanks for trying. He's headed to a Droid 4, so he shouldn't have to deal with it for too much longer.

Hi
    I have a droid2 global that I would like to flash to my boostmobile acount can this be done?

The last 4 numbers I dialed are not displaying. I thought maybe "the box is full" or something so I went to the bottom of the list and started deleting numbers. But instead of making more room, older calls dialed starting to come up on the display. So I went back to the top to see if the last 4 calls were on the display yet - none of them were there!
    Why is my phone doing that and what can I do to make it start displaying again the most recent dialed calls?

Also another issue, my Droid keeps freezing up. The Sticky Notes apps that are on my screen would not allow me to do any editing unless I do not use space bar to put any spaces between the words. If I used the space bar, it would freeze up. It also froze up if I used symbol keys rather than text. The phone would freeze up if I put any spaces between the words in the texting app. So I could not text anybody with words. Any sentence had to be one long word. In other words, there were no spaces between any of the words, they had to be all run together or else the phone would freeze up with the first space I would use.

After researching Droid issues, I started deleting apps off the screens til I had 5 empty screens and would have deleted some of the empty screens if I could figure out how to do that. I figured my Sticky Note had been corrupted so I started out with a new Sticky Note on my Home Screen window. That one will allow me to utilize the space-bar between a couple words on occasion but then freezes up if I try it again. Every time it freezes up, I have to try several times to exit out of the app before it will let me exit out of it.
    Why is my phone acting like it has been corrupted and what can I do to be able to send a text with spaces between the words again?

Then on Monday my phone lost an hour! How could that be? I had to go into settings and figure out how to reset the time to get it back on the right time. Is that totally unrelated to the above problems? or could it be that there is something corrupted that needs to be reset? What do I do to help my phone get back to normal???
    Last edited by nsgrace; 04-03-2012 at 02:32 PM. Reason: Add more info

hello. i rebooted my phone and now its not working. it is stuck on a screen that says touch the android, i touch it and nothing happens. I really need my phone back to working order asap. can you help?
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345