Droid 2-day 1 coming from Dinc.

May 3, 2010
Visit site
What dbdynsty25 said. The 1750mAh Seidio battery in my DInc works so much better. It's amazing what a few extra 100mAh do.

Let's hope a similar battery goes on sale for the D2 soon: the D2 stock battery is around the same mAh as the stock DInc.

Ryobi

Banned
Jan 15, 2010
Visit site
I have both the X and the Incredible. The 2150mAh battery in the Inc. Standard battery in the X. I can go from 5 am to 11 pm on the Inc without needing to charge, easily. In fact, at around 11 pm I still have about 20-30%. With the X, 12 hours max and its done. I don't know about the D2.

So, which ever phone you pick, plan on getting some sort of extended battery.

gspeed

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Now I'm just being a jerk...so I'm sorry. I just don't want to delete my hard work on the keyboard. :) Basically it's all about preferences and we're all different. I just don't want people to think the Fascinate is god's gift to the Android family. It's a nice phone and i'll probably get one because I get everything. :) Sucks to be a tech geek I guess. I am also not a fan at all of Touchwiz. People give Motorola crap for blur, but I think Touchwiz is worse.

I never said anything about the skin. I was just comparing hardware specs. Blur is nothing to write about home either.

Everyone who has seen a Galaxy S device is immediately impressed with the screen. You can talk all the technical specs you want but at the end of the day people are impressed with super amoled display.

Most people will rate the super amoled very highly.

In fact I think Jerry and Phil are both pretty impressed with the display.

TFT LCD = old technology. Even the incredible is using the super lcd display because they need to ship their device. Samsung is the sole producer of amoled displays, whether super or not.

The industry as a whole has made amoled displays in high demand. Too bad Sasmung is sole producer of this display and will likely only use the product for it's own devices.

IMHO the Galaxy S screen is in a class of its own.

dbdynsty25

May 1, 2010
Visit site
TFT LCD = old technology. Even the incredible is using the super lcd display because they need to ship their device. Samsung is the sole producer of amoled displays, whether super or not.

It can be old technology all it wants, but when I sit my D2 next to my Incredible with the OLED screen...I'll take the D2 every time. That's all I'm trying to convey. Tech specs be damned...I like looking at my LCD screen better. I guess I have old eyes too.

gspeed

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
It can be old technology all it wants, but when I sit my D2 next to my Incredible with the OLED screen...I'll take the D2 every time. That's all I'm trying to convey. Tech specs be damned...I like looking at my LCD screen better. I guess I have old eyes too.

I'm not arguing amoled vs lcd. I'm talking about super amoled vs lcd.

Try that comparison.

and as far as I'm concerned regular amoled is old technology. Super amoled is the new standard.

Last edited:

dbdynsty25

May 1, 2010
Visit site
I'm not arguing amoled vs lcd. I'm talking about super amoled vs lcd.

Try that comparison.

and as far as I'm concerned regular amoled is old technology. Super amoled is the new standard.

Well the Captivate is using a SOLED screen correct? Same conclusion.

Ryobi

Banned
Jan 15, 2010
Visit site
See, I guess I don't get this. I have the X and it's the same thing. We have to download a third party app (LP) to get these Motorola phones to perform as expected. This lag on the unlock screen and the launcher is a sign that Motorola failed with these 2 devices.

Are these people drunk when they test the phones?

duffyanneal

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Wow that really sucks that the phone has to be completely changed just for it to work properly...In other words DO NOT BUY THIS PHONE...

Trying to be a bit dramatic? Installing LauncherPro Plus gets rid of the MotoBlur sluggishness, but still allows the use and resizing of the MB widgets which are actually quite useful. Though, Moto should be given complete credit for their fail.

Bushido Brown

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
Trying to be a bit dramatic? Installing LauncherPro Plus gets rid of the MotoBlur sluggishness, but still allows the use and resizing of the MB widgets which are actually quite useful. Though, Moto should be given complete credit for their fail.

Very^.

Launcher Pro owns ALL Android launchers. It should be the first thing you download regardless of what phone you have.

Bushido Brown

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
Easy now... Wouldn't it be nice to have an android phone with a UI that wasnt sluggish out of the box? Am I asking too much?

I mean, the launcher is slow. No doubt about that. Download an alternative, and its no longer slow. Not root, no flashing, no creating alternative folder partitions, adb system pushing, nada. Just find it on the market, and click the install button. You have your solution, but you want to condemn the phone anyway? I don't understand the point of that to be honest. I know this is the internet, and complaining is kind of its purpose, but damn...

Anyway, miniature rant aside. My point I was trying to make, was that even if the Droid's launcher worked flawlessly, it will would still get replaced by LP. Ditto stock Froyo, ditto Sense UI.

dbdynsty25

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Wow that really sucks that the phone has to be completely changed just for it to work properly...In other words DO NOT BUY THIS PHONE...

But Launcher pro is better than EVERY stock launcher, so it is not a big deal. It's more customizable and configurable...so the question is why WOULDN'T you install a piece of software that makes every single android phone a better experience? That's a knock on Android, not the phone manufacturers themselves.

Cylemmulo

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
ya i come from a dinc also, the stock launcher on the d2 is a total botch, i have no idea what they were thinking because it is so sluggish. I replaced it with adw.launcher and everything with that is great now. overall i feel the speed is about the same as the dinc though i would give the edge to the inc.

I feel with some tweaks i can have an overall better experience on the phone though, just waiting for root.

punchup

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
I am trying to figure out if this is worth doing...probably will end up costing me about 100 bucks to trade out my Dinc for a droid 2.

I would definitely replace the motoblur launcher with LauncherPro.

I think the main reasons I am considering this is for the keyboard (mainly for emulators :) and the better battery life. According to the specs the talk time is almost twice that of the Dinc which to me almost makes the phone unusable.

Axlfro

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
Anyone having the issue on their droid where if you take a photo in portrait mode and post to facebook, it posts in landscape? I can't figure out why it's doing that? This has been a known issue since the orignal droid and I can't believe they are still having it on D2. I'm really pissed I bought this phone. Should of kept my DINC.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance