1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    141 Global Posts

Thumbs up Launcher Pro Plus

Makes a WORLD of difference on Droid 2. Takes all the slugginess that MotoBlur causes and makes the device feel the way it's supposed to run-REAL FAST! Highly suggest for anyone that can't stand Motoblur.

Global Posts
    2,618 Global Posts
    ROM
    ICS 4.0.4

I love Launcher Pro Plus.
    Last edited by PaulDroidR2D2; 08-17-2010 at 11:14 AM.

So, does the stock launcher continue to run in the background, or is it only Launcher Pro running once you install it?

I put launcher pro plus on my droid 2 yesterday, and I agree. It made my phone so much better and anything buyers remorse for buying the Droid 2 disappeared.

Quote Originally Posted by SecretAsianMan View Post
    So, does the stock launcher continue to run in the background, or is it only Launcher Pro running once you install it?
    From my experience, it definitely is running in the background. That's why I went and made my stock phone completely blank. Took off all the widgets and shortcuts, everything. So the phone has the moto launcher and default screens with NOTHING on them. Then I installed Launcher Pro. That way, there is hardly anything else running in the background. I suggest everyone do the same. No sense in having the calendar or weather apps updating in the background when you can't even see them because the Moto Launcher is hidden.

Two questions:

1. I can see Launcher Pro in the Marketplace, but not Launcher Pro Plus. What's the difference and where can you get it?

2. Can you be more specific about how it makes things better? I'm coming from Windows Mobile and I'm impressed about 20 different ways by my Droid 2. If this is the "screwed up" version thanks to the "new Blur", what does Launcher Pro Plus make better?

1. Pro Plus you get from the developers website. Basically he can't charge money in the marketplace because he is out of the country. When you pay for Plus, you get a registration code to enter into the settings of Launcher Pro to unlock the included widgets.

2. Customization is the biggest reason. You can change nearly every little thing about how the launcher looks and performs. You really have to try it to see what we're talking about on the forums. You can always uninstall it if you don't like it, but it's so much better than the stock Moto Launcher it's not even funny.

Global Posts
    2,618 Global Posts
    ROM
    ICS 4.0.4

The Pro Plus is a few bucks.

Global Posts
    35 Global Posts

Default Re: Launcher Pro Plus

I got launcher pro plus last night and so far I am loving it, way better than moto blur crap. Its definitely faster and more user friendly. The price is well worth it

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

I was using just plain launcherpro and loved it on my d2. One thing I noticed when I upgraded to launcherpro plus though is when you slide open the keyboard everything gets screwed up. I think it's because the dock gets moved to the bottom of the horizontal screen. Before the dock would stay where it was before (along side the 4 capacitive buttons) when I opened the keyboard and the icons would just rotate. Now the whole dock moves to the bottom and screws everything up. I can't tell if it's only on the most recent update or because I switched to plus. I've played with all the settings and haven't been able to find a fix (even removed all lp widgets). I've tried this on two different d2's and same issue. Has anyone else had this problem? How can I get it so the dock stays along side the 4 capacitive buttons instead of moving to the bottom when I slide the keyboard open?
    Last edited by deadlybatman; 08-18-2010 at 10:33 AM. Reason: clarification

Quote Originally Posted by deadlybatman View Post
    I was using just plain launcherpro and loved it on my d2. One thing I noticed when I upgraded to launcherpro plus though is when you slide open the keyboard everything gets screwed up. I think it's because the dock gets moved to the bottom of the horizontal screen. Before the dock would stay where it was before (along side the 4 capacitive buttons) when I opened the keyboard and the icons would just rotate. Now the whole dock moves to the bottom and screws everything up. I can't tell if it's only on the most recent update or because I switched to plus. I've played with all the settings and haven't been able to find a fix (even removed all lp widgets). I've tried this on two different d2's and same issue. Has anyone else had this problem? How can I get it so the dock stays along side the 4 capacitive buttons instead of moving to the bottom when I slide the keyboard open?
    That's weird...mine stays along the right side next to the capacitive buttons regardless of the behavior setting (auto rotate on or off, doesn't matter) when I slide the keyboard open.

Quote Originally Posted by dbdynsty25 View Post
    That's weird...mine stays along the right side next to the capacitive buttons regardless of the behavior setting (auto rotate on or off, doesn't matter) when I slide the keyboard open.
    I figured it out. You have to enable five icon rows. It says it will looks worse in landscape mode but it actually looks a lot better. If you don't have it enabled the dock moves to the bottom.

Quote Originally Posted by deadlybatman View Post
    I figured it out. You have to enable five icon rows. It says it will looks worse in landscape mode but it actually looks a lot better. If you don't have it enabled the dock moves to the bottom.
    That's weired. I don't have 5 icon rows enabled on mine and the dock stays next to the soft keys at all times.

Global Posts
    35 Global Posts

is there any way to get rid of the voice thing if you double click home? I want to back out and see all my home screens but some times I double click home and that voice thing pops up. Thanks in advance

Quote Originally Posted by Topplayer View Post
    is there any way to get rid of the voice thing if you double click home? I want to back out and see all my home screens but some times I double click home and that voice thing pops up. Thanks in advance
    From home screen: Menu > Settings > Applications > Double Tap Home Launch

Unfortunately you can't just disable it, you can only map it to something different than Voice Command.

Global Posts
    35 Global Posts

Default Re: Launcher Pro Plus

Thanks atleast I can make it something more use ful

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    99 Global Posts

Just switched over to the droid 2 and have LPP installed...I didnt clear my moto screens before hand. How can I change back to moto launcher just to clear the screens of all the widgets then switch back to lpp? Thanks for all the help!

Global Posts
    73 Global Posts

Download home switcher from the market.When you run it you should be able to choose.

Global Posts
    99 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by thirdeye7 View Post
    Download home switcher from the market.When you run it you should be able to choose.
    Worked like a charm! Thanks for the help.