Turn off the vibrate mode.

dj_elite

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
That's the haptic feedback... go to settings -> sound settings -> haptic feedback and uncheck it.

i've read here and there that this doesn't disable it completely... i just tested it and the vibration from the bottom row of keys is lighter but not gone completely... however none of the other actions that usually trigger haptic feedback (long tapping on screen, camera button, etc.) trigger a vibrate.

hawaiian

Aug 14, 2010
Visit site
I can't disable it on my phone... even with the setting unchecked it still vibrates when I long press on icons and soft keys also vibrate.

CoffeeBreak

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
Yea, doesn't disable it for me either, just does it on less things I think but maybe it's a complete glitch and doesn't disable anything at all. Hopefully an update in the future fixes this. I don't mind the feedback on things like long touch but I like the way it feels when certain features are anonymous. I think it'd be cool if the bottom soft keys were simply touch. I'm guessing turning off haptic is supposed to do that but maybe it's a glitch or maybe there's something I'm not understanding. For me, I would love for the bottom menu keys to keep the touch activation and not vibrate and save the haptic on the screen for things like long touch and other more purposeful "making a decision here" type of actions, it's not a problem though...just noticed that the option for haptic off seems to do nothing in my eyes. Your usual "new phone release" minor glitch. Btw....I freaking loving the swype feature!!

Last edited:

threepio

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
My dad has the droid 2 and he asked me to turn the vibration off on those soft buttons. I thought by unchecking the haptic feedback selection it would turn off the vibration. but they still vibrate....thought he had a faulty device.

Seems thats just how it is....