Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default how to sync music to my droid2

I'm having troubles syncing music to my phone from my laptop, what apps are you using? I'm also getting errors trying to play pandora on my phone.

Plug the droid into the computer with the USB cable. After that, settings - notifications - USB connection, make sure it's USB mass storage.

From there it's just like any other USB drive, you can drag your music from the PC to the SD card.

I can't help with pandora, I don't use it.

I plugged the droid into the computer with the USB cable.

Clicked the notification bar, clicked USB Connection, selected PC Mode.

On the PC the AutoPlay dialogue displayed and I clicked Sync digital media files to this device.

Windows Media Player starts. Now just drag your selections to the sync frame. Click Start Sync and wait.

double twist at doubletwist.com is what I use

I really tried to use Doubletwist and ended up uninstalling it on both my D2 and my PC. It kept saying scanning iTunes and would spend hours doing that and never got beyond 37% scanned. The songs it did add to my phone (which I didn't want on there in the first place) didn't have artist name info on 95% of the tracks. Seems like you have to have a playlist set up to sync exactly what you want, I don't do playlists, just like random songs. I'm trying the V Cast Media manager now, and so far I like it. Found all 14,000 songs super fast, now just gotta transfer what I want.

Global Posts
    4 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by akabigj View Post
    I really tried to use Doubletwist and ended up uninstalling it on both my D2 and my PC.
    I went through the same process this weekend. I am considering trying the Vcast app but am very leary of any 'extras' Verizon might add. IMO, this aspect is one of the glaring weaknesses vs Iphone/Itunes combo. I have read Winamp is working on some apps and we can all hope it can fill this void.

Fwiw, I use Winamp to create my playlist and then copy up my music. It copies everything on the playlist and the playlist itself.

I completely agree with you regarding the itunes incompatibility and it would be so nice just to be able to plug and play like an iphone. Since that's not gonna happen, I would recommend the V Cast app. It is really fast and easy to use. Only complaint so far is that album covers have not imported. I dumped all the songs that double twist had added and imported some from V cast and so far so good. I'm not aware of any "extras" being added. What do you mean by that?

Global Posts
    693 Global Posts

Use windows media player, its really easy to use. It scans your comp for music, you drag and drop the music and press sync. good to go. pretty intuitive.
    phone addict

Global Posts
    3,750 Global Posts
    ROM
    mean

Well since I stopped using itunes I've been using windows media player to sync play list or ill just drag and drop I really don't like double twist kept giving my itunes errors
    Loving this Oneplus one!!

I really tried to use Doubletwist and ended up uninstalling it on both my D2 and my PC. It kept saying scanning iTunes and would spend hours doing that and never got beyond 37% scanned.
    I'm trying the V Cast Media manager now, and so far I like it.
    I went through the same headache with Doubletwist. It simply does not work -- at all! Takes forever to scan and then locks up during a sync.

I too am trying Windows Media Player. I've tried every other possible product: Motorola Media Link (it crashes on my computer, may work on yours), RealPlayer SP (does not recognize the Droid), Missing Sync (too expensive and would only sync part of my data, a lot of errors), Itunes Agent (doesn't sync the song files) and drag/drop (lousy way to keep up with podcasts).

So far on WMP, it's taking quite a while for the first sync. I hope future ones will be quicker. It also is not as elegant as I-Tunes. MML has the most potential, but the last update caused it to crash on my computer and now it simply won't work. Hopefully, a future update will bring it back into my life.

On a side note, this is a glaring problem for Android devices. Motorola at least tried to develop a solution. My old Palm Treos and Centros synced better than the Droid. I love my Droid but music and contact management is a PITA.
    Droid Bionic

ROM
    None

I really tried to use Doubletwist and ended up uninstalling it on both my D2 and my PC. It kept saying scanning iTunes and would spend hours doing that and never got beyond 37% scanned. The songs it did add to my phone (which I didn't want on there in the first place) didn't have artist name info on 95% of the tracks. Seems like you have to have a playlist set up to sync exactly what you want, I don't do playlists, just like random songs. I'm trying the V Cast Media manager now, and so far I like it. Found all 14,000 songs super fast, now just gotta transfer what I want.
    LOL, that sounds similar to my experience. It's probably taking so long because the application is calling back to the mothership to spy on the contents of your hard drive. Why else would they INSIST on you making an account just to use sync your own damn files?

but I digress. I used it briefly because it was an easy solution to convert AVI and FLV files into compatible formats for my Droid 1, but once I ripped the video player from the Droid X which supported .AVI natively, there was no need for it. I downloaded Rock Player for my FLV files. Ditto for my D2 of course.

I would suggest to anyone to just load up USB Storage or PC Mode, open Windows Media Player, look to the right and select the "sync" tab. Drag your music either from an explorer window, or WMP itself to that column. Hit sync when you're done. One advantage to PC Mode is that you can actually get dialogs within your status bar while the songs are syncing, and you don't have to worry about ejecting the drive before unplugging. It automatically creates a Music folder (if one doesn't already exist) with proper Artist-Album Name-Songs directory structure-assuming the songs you're syncing are tagged correctly.
    Back to Big Red. Sprint was tooooo slow
    Click my Twitter | Galaxy Note 2