Droid 2 battery problems? Blame Twitter...

Silver Phantom

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
Ok - I've been fighting with the anemic battery life on my Droid 2 for a week now - and I have discovered that the biggest battery suck item BY FAR is if you have a Twitter account installed.

If I have Twitter installed, I get 3-5 hours of battery life. After finally getting rid of that, I now easily get 10 hours plus on a good work day.

FYI

akabigj

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
I don't have Twitter and my battery life still is weak. I've been trying to get rid of battery draining stuff but have not been too successful.

dj_elite

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
in my experience it was facebook (integrated into the OS, not the app). i imagine the social networking integrated into the OS is pretty tough on the battery, constantly syncing contacts and crap

x N O 4 H

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
My battery life is fine, though I haven't activated my Twitter account yet. I also got my D2 today, and only went down about 10% after a couple hours of use

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Ok - I've been fighting with the anemic battery life on my Droid 2 for a week now - and I have discovered that the biggest battery suck item BY FAR is if you have a Twitter account installed.

If I have Twitter installed, I get 3-5 hours of battery life. After finally getting rid of that, I now easily get 10 hours plus on a good work day.

FYI

That's definitely one thing about these phones. Sometimes problems are caused by one of the apps we have installed.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance