The Perfect R2D2 Droid 2

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
If you could pick and choose unique features that would make the R2D2 special edition D2 phone most symbolic of the beloved character from Star Wars what would you include?

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
I would love for it too be packed to the grill with features but I don't se this phone having anything special other than a different paint job

Brett

Retired Moderator
Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
it will probably have a few exclusive apps in order to set itself as a reason to purchase it over the d2. the paint job is nice but i couldnt see people aside from star wars fans buying just for the casing

zhelf

Zombie
Trusted Member
Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
It should manage your car since we don't have x-wings haha. But seems like a cool phone because of the exclusive live wallpapers and paint job when will it be available?

Bushido Brown

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
it will probably have a few exclusive apps in order to set itself as a reason to purchase it over the d2. the paint job is nice but i couldnt see people aside from star wars fans buying just for the casing
That happens all the time, actually. I wouldn't. From the looks for your post, you wouldn't. but many others would(will)

Kmcferrin

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site

Seeing as how the "exclusive content" has already been leaking, I'm sure it will all be available pretty quickly for anyone who wants to take the trouble to download and install it. The only thing that the R2D2 edition has going for it is the different color/design and the dock that matches. Both would be pretty cool to have, but it's not really a phone that I could carry since I am a consultant going to customer sites. So instead I have a Droid 2 with R2D2 wallpapers, boot animation, sounds, etc.

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Seeing as how the "exclusive content" has already been leaking, I'm sure it will all be available pretty quickly for anyone who wants to take the trouble to download and install it. The only thing that the R2D2 edition has going for it is the different color/design and the dock that matches. Both would be pretty cool to have, but it's not really a phone that I could carry since I am a consultant going to customer sites. So instead I have a Droid 2 with R2D2 wallpapers, boot animation, sounds, etc.

I'm a truck driver. I flat out refuse to walk around one of our terminals or at my customer locations carrying around a phone that looks like R2D2. I think it is a cool idea, but I can't tell even if the R2D2 is painted, or printed onto the case, or if it an adhesive like some of those covers you can buy for the different kinds of phone.

I've downloaded and installed the live wallpapers because I think those are cool, but that's about as far I'll go.

zhelf

Zombie
Trusted Member
Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
I'm a truck driver. I flat out refuse to walk around one of our terminals or at my customer locations carrying around a phone that looks like R2D2. I think it is a cool idea, but I can't tell even if the R2D2 is painted, or printed onto the case, or if it an adhesive like some of those covers you can buy for the different kinds of phone.

I've downloaded and installed the live wallpapers because I think those are cool, but that's about as far I'll go.

yea this certainly is not a professional looking phone but a cool gimmick for fans its a nice idea but i certainly would not get one either.

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
yea this certainly is not a professional looking phone but a cool gimmick for fans its a nice idea but i certainly would not get one either.

Its a great marketing idea that will generate a lot of money for Verizon, Lucas, and Google. A lot of fans and collectors will purchase the phone and never open the package because that decreases the value in collectors circles.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke