Remote Desktop Management (RDM) Recommendations? (DROID 2)

mikej7

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
New user coming from Palm, Windows Mobile, Blackberry and now Android DROID 2 "Looker".
I am and IT Administrator and must access our main server running MS Server 2008 from my handheld phone. I see several versions of RDP software available for the Adroid system, however; I am asking for any input from any DROID 2 users that are running RDP, what are you running, are you connecting to MS Server 2008 and are you happy with it? Any advice or recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

jdbower

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
You may want to post in the apps section since the phone model is probably less important than the app itself. I've used Remote RDP Lite and it seems to work well connecting to VirtualBox VRDP ports, but I run Linux most of the time so a combination of ConnectBot and android-vnc or Remote VNC Pro are what I'll use more often. I find them all pretty interchangeable (as they were on my BB and my Palm before that): adequate for the occasional tasks, but a poor substitute for a full keyboard and monitor for extended or involved tasks. Most of them have a free component, I'd give them a try and see which suit your own needs best.