Droid 2 bootrom question

xenade

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
is the bootrom of the droid 2 locked with the eFuse? and an off topic question: the roms for the Droid X do not include a custom kernel, only a custom rom, correct? the main reason for me not wanting a droid X is the bootrom, but if it applies to the droid 2 also, I may have to choose a different phone.
Thanks, Xenade

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Yes the droid 2 is locked down tight just like the x. The custom roms don't include kernels and as of now their is now way to oc and uv the d2

Brett

Retired Moderator
Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
as bizz stated the boot loader is "Moto-locked" (im going to copyright that term haha). for some un-known reason (even though moto gave a reason i think it wasn't the real complete reason) motorola did not want to allow hacking and modding on their devices. i think they will eventually give up trying to do this once they see how no matter what they do, somebody will eventually hack whatever they put out.

im sure somebody will be able to figure a way to just replace the bootloader instead of just bypassing it but that will take time and probably won't be soon

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Doubt it but it could be possible if we could get an engineering bootloader on their. But you would run into the efuse checking the bootloader kernel et. I think the efuse needs to be disabled first

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1