HELP! Cannot stop a download

mburrell#AC

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
So my friends decided to be douchebags and mess around on my droid2. when i got it back i noticed there were a bunch of things downloading from the internet in the little top bar that shows notifications and stuff. i can't seem to get it to stop downloading! i've tried force stopping it altogether and that worked for a little bit but now it's downloading again. somebody help! :(

Rev2010

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
This thread is a year and a half old. First resurrection was 7 months after the original thread was posted. Now it's resurrected again today one year and one month after the last post. Congrats, nice work guys.

Rev.

javierdl

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
So, how long before the download will time out?
At the moment I can't even check my email or do anything that requires the internet :(

JDL

javierdl

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
I was able to stop the freezing by going to Settings/Applications/Manage Applications/All/Download Manager/ Clear data . After removing the battery and all that of course.
But I still can't attempt to download any update 'cause it freezes again :(

I hope someone can solve this one soon.

JDL

sd_shadow

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
need to be rooted to stop updates
Rename /system/app/BlurUpdater_VZW.apk to BlurUpdater_VZW.apk.bak.
Rename /system/app/BlurUpdater_VZW.odex to
BlurUpdater_VZW.odex.bak.

rename if you have these too.
Rename /system/app/FOTA.apk to FOTA.apk.bak
Rename /system/app/ FOTA.odex to FOTA.odex.bak
reboot, wipe cache

Sent from my XT862 using Tapatalk 2

Angus_CB

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
This thread is a year and a half old. First resurrection was 7 months after the original thread was posted. Now it's resurrected again today one year and one month after the last post. Congrats, nice work guys.
And here I am 1 year and 3 months after your post getting an answer to a question.
So, yes, nice work guys.