1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Music Problems

I have the Droid 2 and I am having a bad time with my music. Mine came up with the cannot play this file type message and I have all MP3's. However when I rebooted mine phone all the songs were gone and there is a crap load of someting that I don't recognize in the "lost File." I have been working on this problem for hours. I have a 32gb sd card and the forst few times I Tried to synch music I used the mass storge way but the last time I used the windows Media synch mode. I even tried Verizons worthless Media Manager. Anybody got any ideals?

Can you access the card on a PC without the Droid?

The only issues I've had with playing any type of file was when my movies and TV shows were named .MP4. The droid couldn't play them, I renamed them to .mp4 and they play just fine.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default SD Card

I am thinking that my Sd card is bad. I got this 32 gb card off of ebay which came from China and not Austrailia like it was supposed to. Any way it was open when I got it and it was supposed to have been a new card. I thnk it is the card because I put the 8 gb card back in the phone. It had some music files that I had purt on it while I was waiting for the 32 gb one it works fine and plays the music.

Global Posts
    251 Global Posts

I got an app "Astro" that let's U look and tinker with files on ur SD card. There is a lot of "stuff" on what I thought was an empty card. Perhaps U have to copy that stuff onto the new card for it to work prolery.

I added two folders to mine from my. Computer, music and videos. But when I look at the sd card in astro there are way more folders and files there than I see on computer.

Quote Originally Posted by chrstdvd View Post
    I got an app "Astro" that let's U look and tinker with files on ur SD card. There is a lot of "stuff" on what I thought was an empty card. Perhaps U have to copy that stuff onto the new card for it to work prolery.

I added two folders to mine from my. Computer, music and videos. But when I look at the sd card in astro there are way more folders and files there than I see on computer.
    There is a files app that comes with the droid 2 that allows you to look at and manipulate the files on your SDcard. Astro allows you to see hidden directories though, the ones that begin with a (.)

It also has an option for backing up your apps.
    Last edited by pool_shark; 09-15-2010 at 07:18 AM.

ROM
    None

I just experienced this problem today as well. I'm working on a solution as we speak
    Back to Big Red. Sprint was tooooo slow
    Click my Twitter | Galaxy Note 2
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Default bad card

I looks like I have a bad card after all. It will not even formt on the computer and sometimes it does not even recognize it at al.

Default Re: Music Problems

Having dealt with 2 32GB cards on the DX both were buggy from the get go. I ended up formatting as NTFS, then back to FAT32 with the 'Quick' option unchecked.
    Not all card readers are equal, try another reader, another pc. If your digital camera will support hc try formatting it there, then again on the pc.
    When you get your replacement, format as it FAT32 prior to inserting it into your phone. I ended up with boot loops and needed to do a factory reset when I skipped this step.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

ROM
    None

My only solution was to reboot my phone. Everything was fine after that. The only thing I've done differently that I could think of that when I connected my phone to my old XP computer after my main went down with a malfunction.
    Back to Big Red. Sprint was tooooo slow
    Click my Twitter | Galaxy Note 2
    Thanked by:
    srp_21 
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Well verizon sent me a new phone. I formated my card on the computer and then put my music on it staight from the computer 1500 songs. I put the card in the phone and turned it on to find that it would show less than half of th songs I put on the card. I am comming to the conclusion that the phone cant handle either the 32 gb card or that many songs. My 8 gb card workd fine but of course I cant put 1500 songs on it. 1500 songs equal 10 gigs.

Hey thanks I did not even think about rebooting but it worked for me! thanks again

I'm having problems too. When I try to play my Music it works at one point, then it says "Sorry the music player does not support this kind of file". Then, I reload my phone, and when it loads up my music, it deletes it all of a sudden