Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Im new to rooting, is rooting risky?

I wanted to root my phone, but i did my research online and i read a part that "one single wrong click and your phone can go from a golden connected phone, to a cold disconnected one"...well it went something like that. Basically i understood that it said, click the wrong thing and your phone will be disconnected. So what are the risks to this? Maybe i think i answered my own question, but i want to know if there are other risks, and probably tell me how to prevent this? I wanted to root my phone because well, like most, i wanted more memory space, im tired of my phone freezing and forceclosing most of the time. I dont even use the built in apps in my phone, so yeah.

Global Posts
    4,043 Global Posts
    ROM
    Phoenix 1.6 Sense 5 4.2.2

Default Re: Im new to rooting, is rooting risky?

Quote Originally Posted by Android117 View Post
    I wanted to root my phone, but i did my research online and i read a part that "one single wrong click and your phone can go from a golden connected phone, to a cold disconnected one"...well it went something like that. Basically i understood that it said, click the wrong thing and your phone will be disconnected. So what are the risks to this? Maybe i think i answered my own question, but i want to know if there are other risks, and probably tell me how to prevent this? I wanted to root my phone because well, like most, i wanted more memory space, im tired of my phone freezing and forceclosing most of the time. I dont even use the built in apps in my phone, so yeah.
    It varies phone-by-phone, but generally if you follow instructions you should be fine.
    “Knowing how to think empowers you far beyond those who know only what to think.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson

In September of 2014 comes the greatest tool to modify almost any HTC phone. Unlock bootloader, flash recovery, root, and more. Open sourced, powerful, powered by the cloud via SSL, and best of all, it's 100% free. All built by me. Get ready to rock!

3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

It varies phone by phone, ok, but i still run the risk of having a disconnected phone...

Global Posts
    4,043 Global Posts
    ROM

It varies phone by phone, ok, but i still run the risk of having a disconnected phone...
    Yes.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk
    “Knowing how to think empowers you far beyond those who know only what to think.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson

In September of 2014 comes the greatest tool to modify almost any HTC phone. Unlock bootloader, flash recovery, root, and more. Open sourced, powerful, powered by the cloud via SSL, and best of all, it's 100% free. All built by me. Get ready to rock!

5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

And I can get in alot of trouble? Is this considered illegal for the company? Will the company press any charges on me? Or is it no big deal? Is it worth trying?

Global Posts
    8,694 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

And I can get in alot of trouble? Is this considered illegal for the company? Will the company press any charges on me? Or is it no big deal? Is it worth trying?
    Don't think so, you can lose your warranty but that's about it. They don't press charges for rooting your phone. It's definitely worth trying, just make sure you're following the instructions and using only files made for your exact model number as anything else could potentially brick it.
    Rooting alone won't improve performance of the phone. You'll need to flash a custom ROM for that or use apps like Titanium Backup to freeze or uninstall carrier apps (bloatware)

Posted via Android Central App
    "We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan

Global Posts
    4,043 Global Posts
    ROM

No. You won't get in trouble. The benefits of root will show in the long run.

rooting the droid 2 is very easy, and safe.
    ROOT] Framaroot, a one-click application to root
    I have verified it works with these Motorola devices running android 2.3.4
    Droid 2 (a955), Droid 2 Global (a956), R2D2 (a957), & Droid X (MB810)

if you do something wrong, 99.9% of the time flashing the sbf will restore the original firmware
    [how to] in my list
    sd_shadow's [Collection] of Links for:
    Droid 2 (a955)

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    [ROOT] Framaroot, a one-click .APK to root
    I have verified it works with these Motorola devices running android 2.3.4
    Droid 2 (a955), Droid 2 Global (a956), R2D2 (a957), & Droid X (MB810)