Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Im new to rooting, is rooting risky?

    I wanted to root my phone, but i did my research online and i read a part that "one single wrong click and your phone can go from a golden connected phone, to a cold disconnected one"...well it went something like that. Basically i understood that it said, click the wrong thing and your phone will be disconnected. So what are the risks to this? Maybe i think i answered my own question, but i want to know if there are other risks, and probably tell me how to prevent this? I wanted to root my phone because well, like most, i wanted more memory space, im tired of my phone freezing and forceclosing most of the time. I dont even use the built in apps in my phone, so yeah.
  2. #2  
    wizzrah's Avatar

    Posts
    2,691 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,696 Global Posts
    ROM
    CodefireX One XL 4.4.2

    Default Re: Im new to rooting, is rooting risky?

    Quote Originally Posted by Android117 View Post
    I wanted to root my phone, but i did my research online and i read a part that "one single wrong click and your phone can go from a golden connected phone, to a cold disconnected one"...well it went something like that. Basically i understood that it said, click the wrong thing and your phone will be disconnected. So what are the risks to this? Maybe i think i answered my own question, but i want to know if there are other risks, and probably tell me how to prevent this? I wanted to root my phone because well, like most, i wanted more memory space, im tired of my phone freezing and forceclosing most of the time. I dont even use the built in apps in my phone, so yeah.
    It varies phone-by-phone, but generally if you follow instructions you should be fine.
    It is our choices, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities. - J. K Rowling

    "If you love life, don't waste time, for time is what life is made up of." - Bruce Lee

    "The story of life is quicker then the blink of an eye, the story of love is hello, goodbye." - Jimi Hendrix
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

    Default Re: Im new to rooting, is rooting risky?

    It varies phone by phone, ok, but i still run the risk of having a disconnected phone...
  4. #4  
    wizzrah's Avatar

    Posts
    2,691 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,696 Global Posts
    ROM
    CodefireX One XL 4.4.2

    Default Re: Im new to rooting, is rooting risky?

    Quote Originally Posted by Android117 View Post
    It varies phone by phone, ok, but i still run the risk of having a disconnected phone...
    Yes.

    Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk
    It is our choices, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities. - J. K Rowling

    "If you love life, don't waste time, for time is what life is made up of." - Bruce Lee

    "The story of life is quicker then the blink of an eye, the story of love is hello, goodbye." - Jimi Hendrix
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

    Default Re: Im new to rooting, is rooting risky?

    And I can get in alot of trouble? Is this considered illegal for the company? Will the company press any charges on me? Or is it no big deal? Is it worth trying?
  6. #6  
    UJ95x's Avatar

    Posts
    5,501 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,580 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.2 Build 3

    Default Re: Im new to rooting, is rooting risky?

    Quote Originally Posted by Android117 View Post
    And I can get in alot of trouble? Is this considered illegal for the company? Will the company press any charges on me? Or is it no big deal? Is it worth trying?
    Don't think so, you can lose your warranty but that's about it. They don't press charges for rooting your phone. It's definitely worth trying, just make sure you're following the instructions and using only files made for your exact model number as anything else could potentially brick it.
    Rooting alone won't improve performance of the phone. You'll need to flash a custom ROM for that or use apps like Titanium Backup to freeze or uninstall carrier apps (bloatware)

    Posted via Android Central App
    Everything in this post is 100% accurate...I think

    R.I.P. Motorola...and what could have been the best smartphone line ever
  7. #7  
    wizzrah's Avatar

    Posts
    2,691 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,696 Global Posts
    ROM
    CodefireX One XL 4.4.2

    Default Re: Im new to rooting, is rooting risky?

    Quote Originally Posted by Android117 View Post
    And I can get in alot of trouble? Is this considered illegal for the company? Will the company press any charges on me? Or is it no big deal? Is it worth trying?
    No. You won't get in trouble. The benefits of root will show in the long run.
    It is our choices, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities. - J. K Rowling

    "If you love life, don't waste time, for time is what life is made up of." - Bruce Lee

    "The story of life is quicker then the blink of an eye, the story of love is hello, goodbye." - Jimi Hendrix
  8. #8  

    Default Re: Im new to rooting, is rooting risky?

    rooting the droid 2 is very easy, and safe.

    I have verified it works with these Motorola devices running android 2.3.4
    Droid 2 (a955), Droid 2 Global (a956), R2D2 (a957), & Droid X (MB810)

    if you do something wrong, 99.9% of the time flashing the sbf will restore the original firmware
    [how to] in my list


    Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    [ROOT] Framaroot, a one-click .APK to root
    I have verified it works with these Motorola devices running android 2.3.4
    Droid 2 (a955), Droid 2 Global (a956), R2D2 (a957), & Droid X (MB810)

Similar Threads

  1. Are RSS readers a risky investment?
    By x-shaney-x in forum General News & Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-11-2014, 02:29 PM
  2. 7 days till im a droid max
    By mark5019 in forum Motorola Droid MAXX
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 12-30-2013, 09:27 AM
  3. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-27-2013, 07:15 AM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-26-2013, 04:36 PM
  5. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-17-2013, 03:01 PM

Posting Permissions

B