Can I use the DX dedodex method on the D2

chrstdvd

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Title has it. Here is the link:
[HOW-TO] Manually deodex your phone.

I started to follow these instructions, but my avg virus scan stopped me dead and quarentened the files of xUltimate.

Here is the scan results of the zip file.

"C:\Users\a\Downloads\xUltimate-v2.2.2.zip:\Test.exe";"Trojan horse Generic18.OND";"Infected"
"C:\Users\a\Downloads\xUltimate-v2.2.2.zip:\Main.exe";"Trojan horse Generic18.OND";"Infected"
"C:\Users\a\Downloads\xUltimate-v2.2.2.zip:\jar\opt_apk.exe";"Trojan horse Generic18.OND";"Infected"
"C:\Users\a\Downloads\xUltimate-v2.2.2.zip";"Trojan horse Generic18.OND";"Infected"

So I can not use that metethod. Here is link to site where you download the file:
[Release] xUltimate - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum

Here is another method of accomplishing the task without xUltimate:
http://alldroid.org/default.aspx?g=posts&m=8877
Only methods to dedodex for Droid X. Just wonder if it will work on D2?

Last edited:

chrstdvd

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
The files aren't malicious, contrary to what your anti virus program says. The other method will work, but you have to have the Droid 2's framework, not the X's. Use this thread to get the tools you need to accomplish this: Droid 2 Deodex and Zip Aligned System & Framework Files - xda-developers

Its the same method as the one posted at alldroid, but the files are specifically for the Droid 2.

Yep, I read that link earlier this morning. I asked the OP several questions and he answered them very well. I think since his system is stock, that I will just download them and put them in the folder with my stock non deoxed files in case I ever decide to start over.

For now, I will use this method so that I do not have to go through deleting all the bloat again, as well as, all the other changes that I have made.

Thank you for your advice and help. ;)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johndoe11