Has Anyone downloaded 2.3.20?

Bushido Brown

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
I just got a prompt to get the latest update about 15 minutes ago. I didn't download it because I'm worried it will break root. Has anyone with root access downloladed it yet, and if so, do you retain your Super User permissions?

G

GenericMessage

EVERY update breaks root! (nearly)

But for those NON-Rooted users, there is a list of fixes that 2.3.20 brings!

Improvements:
Improved battery life.
Heightened proximity sensor accuracy to enable faster screen response.
View the Weather widget in both landscape and portrait orientation.
Simpler setup, improved user interactions, and better notifications for Visual Voice Mail.
Background Email Sync during display inactivity for better user experience.
Support for email domain suffixes containing more than three characters.
Keep text messages organized with chronological in-box screen.
Edit text messages after you’ve inserted a video file.
Improved audio sound during recorded video playbacks.
Stream Guided Tour videos on device in Help Center application with ease.
Faster location tracking during GPS navigation.
Faster transitions between Wi-Fi and 3G in data connection.

Enhancements:
New ability to add pictures from your Gallery to a contact.
Export all your contacts to the SD card.
View details of Social Networking contacts.
VZ Navigator is now preloaded on device.

anon(58977)

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
Interesting.

This coming right after I installed 2.3.15 from the leaked motorola rom. This is probably the same thing but with additional fixes and tweaks.

Hopefully I'll still get the notification to upgrade.

G

GenericMessage

I haven't been prompted either. When I check system update it says my phone is already up to date.

I'm not being prompted either, nor does the phone find the update when I search. It just says it's up to date at v2.2.2

I'm not being prompted for the update? Is there a means to force the update?

This is not at all strange.........for non blur devices.........

Updates usually are "push" (I.E. for the Droid)

But with the D2 and DX you should be able to PULL the update.
Perhaps they haven't released it yet

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Haven't even checked nor will I try to run it I know what will happen if I do instant brick so ill wait for them to add root to this and deprecated it then I may try it out
edit
just checked and my phone won't pull it I attribute that to me running the r2d2 firmware rather than the stock

ifly4fun

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
If you look back ONE page, you'll see the things it updates/fixes
Wow, Thank you for that very informative response! Yes, I read that page, and Verizon's PDF release. Yes, I noticed there was no mention of this bug being fixed.

If you look back ONE page, you'll see where someone has already mentioned a Facebook bug that was fixed, and yet there is no mention in the other post of this being fixed... so...

Does anyone have anything useful to offer, that may have actually tried it?

G

GenericMessage

Wow, Thank you for that very informative response! Yes, I read that page, and Verizon's PDF release. Yes, I noticed there was no mention of this bug being fixed.

If you look back ONE page, you'll see where someone has already mentioned a Facebook bug that was fixed, and yet there is no mention in the other post of this being fixed... so...

Does anyone have anything useful to offer, that may have actually tried it?

Ok dude, I am gonna politely let you know once to drop the attitude, we don't need that around here.

Secondly, no one has tried it! It hasn't hit yet! You have a blur device, once its made available anyone can pull it

ifly4fun

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
Gotcha, I only deal it when dealt it.. I'm not an idiot, and just because its my first post, don't assume I don't read the entire thread. It was a legitimate question. I'm a phone administrator and don't personally have a droid 2, but have to support users who do and who have had to deal with this bug - thus my interest.

Brett

Retired Moderator
Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
Gotcha, I only deal it when dealt it.. I'm not an idiot, and just because its my first post, don't assume I don't read the entire thread. It was a legitimate question. I'm a phone administrator and don't personally have a droid 2, but have to support users who do and who have had to deal with this bug - thus my interest.

Ok I see what you are trying to say but at least be tactful. As phil stated, having a disagreement is one thing but trying to start a fight us another issue that is not tolerated. Be polite and respect other peoples feelings