Time to upgrade?
I have a Motorola Droid 2 that I use mainly for telephone calls, surfing the web, and scanning Twitter. In the past 6 months or so, I have noticed these apps are starting to run slower and slower. The phone freezes more frequently now. It takes longer than it used to to switch between apps. Sometimes it will take more than a minute from when I hit the dial button for the phone to actually start to dial.
Is it more likely that the phone has accumulated too much cruft or that the newer versions of the apps I use are too intense for this 3 year old phone?
If I choose to upgrade to a newer phone, could someone recommend a phone that doesn't cost very much (perhaps around $100) but provides enough of a jump in performance to handle today's software? I don't need a phone with a keyboard, I think.
- 08-08-2014, 08:27 PM #2
Re: Time to upgrade?
Thanks. I was reading about the factory reset. I backed up all the data from the phone onto my pc, but will the factory reset delete my Verizon account from the phone? Will I be able to reactivate it at home? I don't want to be left without the ability to make phone calls.
- 08-08-2014, 09:01 PM #4
- 03-07-2016, 09:15 PM #6
- By BecomingDeath13 in forum Sprint LG G2Replies: 7Last Post: 11-07-2014, 08:10 PM
- By ironkhalid in forum LG G3Replies: 9Last Post: 08-10-2014, 08:49 AM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 08-08-2014, 11:14 PM
- By mcefalu in forum Samsung Galaxy S5Replies: 0Last Post: 08-08-2014, 06:26 PM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 08-08-2014, 06:20 PM