switching from blackberry...
12-16-2010 11:02 AM
- So long story short I'm pretty much over my Blackberry Tour and nothing new or cool looks like its coming out crackberry wise for Verizon so I'm thinking about making the Droid change.. My questions/thoughts are I want to get the Droid2 it looks awesome and has a physical keyboard but seeing this new Droid PRO is familiar to me berry wise.. so do you think its possible for me to get the droid2 then when the pro comes out to change it up? or in general is it better for me just to wait.. I though it would be a good idea to get the droid2 first to get use to the platform or just wait it out and start fresh with the pro.. basically help?
sorry for the rambles i just dont know.. thanks!!!11-08-2010 03:09 PM
- If the Droid Pro gets delayed for whatever reason you'd be in a bit of a jam. But if the Droid Pro is the phone you've decided on, I'd say wait for its release. However, if you're undecided between the two, get the Droid 2 and you can decide whether or not to keep it once the Droid Pro comes out. Just make sure you time it right with the grace period for phone returns.11-08-2010 03:30 PM
- You can order it tomorrow from the Verizon site. Just remember it will cost a restocking fee, which I think is about 30 bucks if you want to exchange it for another phone.
You can sidestep the restocking fee if you buy the phone from Best Buy, however, the minor catch to that is that the phone won't go on sale there till Nov. 18th. Not an issue if you're confident the DPro is the phone you want, or you're not concerned about the fee.11-08-2010 04:38 PM
- I've been on an 8330 for almost 2 years, the Droid Pro was tempting. Being able to get two Droid 2 devices for less than the cost of one Droid Pro pretty much decided that I wasn't waiting.
I see what you are saying OP about being more familiar with the Pro, but if you give the Droid 2 a shot you could get use to it and be glad you went for better device. I'll get mine tomorrow and I'm so excited.
Also, don't forget the $35 restocking fee they will charge for swapping phones. Wait until the Pro is out, do a side by side of them in the store.11-09-2010 11:36 AM
- I am also on an 8330 & have been thinking about switching for a month now. I've been reading up on AC when given the chance to see what's going on with the droids & what will appeal to me. The D2 global in silver & white along with the Moto Pro dropped on the Vzw website today! I was happy to see that! But now I have a decision to make! I've been using a bb for couple yrs now & very acustomed to its functions that if I do go droid, I'm afraid I won't give it a fair shake because its functions are a little different. So that's why I'm torn to stay bb or go droid. Anyone else here that felt doubts also?11-09-2010 02:43 PM
- since there are a few of you getting ready to switch from BB to Android, i figure this would be a solid link for you all to check out to ease the transition
as far as the difference between the different UI's, remember that there are so many launcher options out there that a tacked on UI can easily be glossed over. sense and blur both have their ups and downs. myself, i prefer a stock android feel, and i use launcherpro plus, which is a very customizable replacement launcher that feel more stock to me than blur on my x11-09-2010 04:44 PM
- thank you Map & Terp71. Terp I will be sure to check out that link you posted
I have to admit it is a little nerv racking when your use to a certain "routine", in this case device, to change to something new. But it is comforting to see other users that came from a bb make the transition without much withdrawl. lol11-09-2010 05:10 PM
- The D2 global in white will be my wifes next phone, the perfect mix coming from the white Pearl she now has. She hates the multi-Key for typing and host of other strange issues showing up with the BB and the D2 will solve her phone frustration.
I'm still using my 8330 curve and hate it more every day although I'm not 100% sure about the D2. I may hold out for the Merge or one of the other new phones coming out soon. Very tough decision with all the choices available but I'm sure any of them will be better than the memory eating junk I have now!11-10-2010 08:55 AM
- I was a crackberry abuser. I loved my blackberry. It started to give me minor problems and the memory leaks were killing me. I got fed up with it and walked into a Verizon store after work one day and said give me a droid 2. It is the best decision I have made in the phone world. I don't travel out of the country much and if I do I will pick up a prepaid phone in the country I am going to and will use my droid over wifi. Don't walk run to the Verizon store and get an android based phone. Hands down beats my blackberry in every way other than bbl and my email but I just have everything sent to my gmail account and have no more issues with it. Most people that I know that have made the switch are more than happy and will never go back.11-10-2010 01:08 PM
- I'd honestly consider just sitting tight until the next big leap in smartphones. Maybe perhaps wait it out for this: http://www.concept-phones.com/wp-con...pt_phone_1.jpg
UPDATE: but i'm a little disappointed that my D2 has only been out for a few months and its no longer being made because of the global.11-10-2010 11:39 PM
- I have just switched from a blackberry today to the droid 2. So far I'm impressed. I have had Android devices before. So the operating system isn't new to me. But it is a solid phone. I like the way I it feels in my hand. I wanted a physical keyboard this time. It would have helped with my other Android devices. Very curious about the battery life.11-12-2010 12:59 AM
- 11-16-2010 07:47 PM
- I also got the D2G, dropped my BB Bold (9650) a few days ago. I have to admit, it's hard to get used to and the battery life sucks! I don't want to order the extended battery because I have the white one and as far as I can see, there is no white door for the extended battery
Can't wait to check out the From BB to Android link, hopefully that will make things easier!
One of the big things that I miss is the ability to sort my pictures into different folders on my SD card. Does anyone know if this can be done?
Can't wait to learn more about the Android world!12-02-2010 11:21 PM
- i too left my Blackberry Bold 9650 for the Droid 2 and not planning on looking back anytime soon. i've owned my Droid 2 for about 2 weeks now and i'm getting used to the keyboard and the touchscreen interface. i was going to get the droid pro but not too fond of how it looks.12-03-2010 12:17 AM
- So I have switched from my Storm over to the D2G and I also love it so far. However, I am concerned with the amount of tweaks I have had to do with this phone to get through the day on one charge.
With my Storm I never really worried about charging even if I was on the phone alot and checking e-mail, etc quite a bit. Now iwth the D2G I enjoy the improvements but I am concerned about running out of juice AND I have the extended battery. I am also using Juice Defender and SetCPU and it still isn't quite what I want it to be.
So, this makes me wonder if the overclocking on the D2G is affecting battery life. I also wonder if Motorola tweaked something that they shouldn't have. Today I got rid of MOST of the MotoBlur stuff to eliminate constant data feeds and the other day I also got rid of live wallpaper b/c it was a power suck (and something I can live without).
Does anyone think that Motorola will come out with an update to improve battery life? I wonder if this would help. Am I the only one who worries this much about battery on the D2G WITH an extended battery?12-03-2010 01:37 AM
- The fastest way if you have a lot of pictures you need to move to folders would use your computer. Just hook your sd card directly to the computer and use like a flash drive. You can do this directly on you phone in files. Just add a folder using the option in the menu key and then use multi select the pics you want to move. It goes pretty quick once you get the hang of it.12-03-2010 02:00 AM
- Just got my D2G Tuesday. Had the Tour but the trackball decided not to scroll down which made it impossible to access most of my apps and turn off the alarm clock since I couldnt scroll down to click dismiss. So far its been a good experience except when I start playing angry birds then my battery drains so fast it aint funny. Love the touch screen and the bigger keyboard. Swype takes getting use to but I do like it. I did notice that the folders are added a bit odd. The videos are by date instead of alpha order. Is there a way to change that?12-09-2010 02:40 PM
- I'm currently using my BB Tour but my D2 is arriving today
I won't be getting rid of the Tour until I'm 100% certain the D2 will do everything I need and want it to do. I love many aspects of my BB Tour but there are things that just hands down abysmal (ie the browser, the processor, the small screen real estate). And the lack of anything new on the horizon at Verizon does not help keep my faith in the ol' crackberry.12-15-2010 07:57 AM
- Motorola Android Phones
- More Motorola Phones
- Verizon Droid Forums
- Motorola Droid 2
switching from blackberry...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD