1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default droid 2 pro keyboard

how is it different from the droid 2's current keyboard?

Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now again

From what I understand it is going to be the same as the Droid 2 with an upgraded processor and support for both cdma and gsm networks. The nicest overall external difference is going to be in the different color options.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

will the upgraded processor make it a lot faster?

ROM
    AOKP JB-MR1 4.2.2

1. It's the Droid 2 'GLOBAL'
    2. The keyboard is the same
    3. We'll have to wait until it comes out to see how fast it's going to be compared to the D2
    4. D2 has the TI OMAP3620 overclocked to 1ghz(from 720mhz); D2G has the TI OMAP 3640 overclocked to 1.2ghz(from 1ghz)

ROM
    AOSP by preferance

the only differences in these CPUs are the stock clockspeeds. their doesn't seem to be any change in design or hardware between the 3620 and 3640. Can you enlighten me on any changes that were made from the 3620 --> 3640? I couldn't find any.
    Blackberry Storm 9530 (1 year)>
    Motorola Droid [Rooted] (Froyo 2.2 --> 1Ghz ultra low voltage) (8 months)>
    Motorola Droid X [Rooted] (Fission v2.6.1 --> 1Ghz--> low voltage)(10 months)>
    HTC Droid Eris [Rooted] (CM 7) (risky outdoors device)(current)>
    HTC Droid Incredible [Rooted] (CM 7)[Bad ESN <craigslist scam>](just a tablet now)>
    Motorola Droid 2 [Rooted] (GingerBread v2.3.3 Blur v4.5.153 --> 1Ghz) (Current)[/FONT]

Next device: Samsung Galaxy S II

ROM
    AOKP JB-MR1 4.2.2

The D2G officially has the OMAP 3630, not the 3640. But all you need to know is: 3630>3620.

Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now again

The 200mhz upgrade is not a huge speed increase. I wouldn't trade in for a D2G if I had a D2 for the 200mhz. Every little bit of speed helps but the D2 is plenty fast. Wait for a dual core phone to come out for a real speed increase.

The Droid 2 has the TI OMAP 3630 processor. That's the same as the X.

Global Posts
    4,851 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock .4.1.1

I thought I read somewhere (here perhaps) that the keyboard was a bit flatter? In either case my D2G will be here Monday/Tuesday.