Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 22 of 22
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default 2.30 update phone acts up now

    ever since I updated my phone to the new 2.30 it is acting up...my screen goes black and wont come back on. After numerous times of opening the slider and hitting the power button it just ends up restarting itself...it happens about 10 times a day it is ridiculous!! I really don't want to restore my phone to defaults because it is so customized to my liking.

    any advice? or anyone else experiencing these issues
  2. #2  

    Default

    You already know what you have to do whether you want to or not.
  3. #3  
    nfalbo's Avatar

    Posts
    93 Posts
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now again

    Default

    Unfortunately a factory restore is the best option. Download astro file manager and make a backup of all your apps the do the factory restore then use astro to reinstall all of them. There is a sms backup app that you can use to backup all your texts also. That should help with the restore process. Good luck.
  4. #4  

    Default

    I have a problem but nothing like yours. My phone has begun to periodically freeze requiring me to remove the battery. Only happens once in a while and only since the update. Sorry to say, but as they suggested above..factory restore. I may end up doing it myself though, like you, I don't want to.
  5. #5  
    thebizz's Avatar
    phone addict

    Posts
    3,576 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,728 Global Posts
    ROM
    mean

    Default

    Sounds like a memory issue I've been having that issue also phone lags out then decided it doesn't want to unlock. Takes a good 3 minutes or reboot to get it out of that think it's just an issue with this update
    Loving this Oneplus one!!
  6. #6  

    Default

    I woke up to the 2.3 update prompt, went ahead and did it. One thing that was buggy, I have a few folders on my main screen. One of them wouldn't open.

    The screen was reacting to my touch, I could move it around, delete it, just not open. I powered off & back on and it fixed it for a little while. I finally just deleted the folder.

    Strange. No other folder affected so far.
  7. #7  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by justin1578 View Post
    I woke up to the 2.3 update prompt, went ahead and did it. One thing that was buggy, I have a few folders on my main screen. One of them wouldn't open.

    The screen was reacting to my touch, I could move it around, delete it, just not open. I powered off & back on and it fixed it for a little while. I finally just deleted the folder.

    Strange. No other folder affected so far.
    I'm having this folder issue also. Did you ever find a fix??



    Sorry if some of this is a repeat. I've spent the last hour looking over the forum here and can't find my answers. So here goes.

    1. When I unplug the phone from being charged, the screen is black but the back light is on. It will stay on until I press the "unlock" button on the top of the phone.

    2. lately I've been having problem with one folder not opening until I reboot the phone.

    3. The "texting" app that comes installed on the phone isn't notifying me of text's. I have a work around for this but using "Handcent". Its just bug'n me that this doesn't work.

    My wife has the same phone and the same problems. We've reset the phones, and still have these problems. Any ideas are a help. BTW, the phones have not been rooted at all. They are all stock.

    Thanks
    Me
    Last edited by JorgeOlivera; 12-10-2010 at 12:14 PM.
  8. #8  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by massagedude View Post
    When I unplug the phone from being charged, the screen is black but the back light is on.
    I replied to your post but somehow it was lost when a mod merged threads. All the D2's seem to do this, I posted about it here:

    http://forum.androidcentral.com/moto...or-glitch.html

    You can try the suggestion in post #4, I haven't tried it yet since it's not too big a deal to me. But if you try it and it works let me know.


    Rev.
  9. #9  

    Default

    Yah, checked it out. I don't have that checked. So, I guess that I move on.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

    Default

    So, what would be your process of backing everything up? I know that my sd card will save my pictures and music. Is there a way to back up all my apps with my custom settings made to them? Or will I have to reinstall each app again (will astro take care of all this for me?) I don't mind redoing my email settings, I know that cant be backed up. I am going to take screenshots of all my slides to remember where I put everything.
  11. #11  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by popkurn611 View Post
    ever since I updated my phone to the new 2.30 it is acting up...my screen goes black and wont come back on. After numerous times of opening the slider and hitting the power button it just ends up restarting itself...it happens about 10 times a day it is ridiculous!! I really don't want to restore my phone to defaults because it is so customized to my liking.

    any advice? or anyone else experiencing these issues
    This exact same thing started happening for me too about 2 weeks ago. But I have the R2D2 version and we don't have the 2.3 update as an option so I am very confused.

    -Sent via my R2D2 using Tapatalk
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

    Default

    well maybe it was just coincidental that my issues started happening after the update, not too sure...but I am doing a factory reset today because I cant deal with it anymore!
  13. #13  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by popkurn611 View Post
    well maybe it was just coincidental that my issues started happening after the update, not too sure...but I am doing a factory reset today because I cant deal with it anymore!
    Good luck! Let me know if it fixes your problem. I am gonna hold out a while longer. I can't deal with re configuring my whole phone from scratch right now. But if it fixes your problem I will probably do it at some point

    -Sent via my R2D2 using Tapatalk
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BriCo84 View Post
    Good luck! Let me know if it fixes your problem. I am gonna hold out a while longer. I can't deal with re configuring my whole phone from scratch right now. But if it fixes your problem I will probably do it at some point

    -Sent via my R2D2 using Tapatalk
    So I reset to default and within maybe 2 hours it rebooted by itself, same exact issues I had before the reset!!! So I then realized it must be an app that is causing commotion like this. I decided to uninstall Launcher Pro (not sure if you have this) and have not had one reboot since! It has been 4 days now and I am smooth sailing.

    If anyone else has had issues with Launcher Pro like this please let me know, I should get my money back! But, is it worth going through all the issues with the programmer? I can do without Launcher Pro if it makes me phone fully responsive the way it is now with the stock launcher.
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

    Default

    wowww I am such an *****, jinxed myself! Just had it reboot by itself! Phone was locked and wouldn't come onto my lock screen and before I knew it, rebooting
  16. #16  

    Default

    I've been getting the reboots but it pretty much only happens if i'm running a live wallpaper. (or maybe that's just when I notice it happening)
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #17  

    Default

    I haven't been running any live wallpapers...and I thought it was launcherpro but now I have the stock launcher running and my phone did reboot for the first time in 4 days so I am back to square one.

    My main issue is before the reboot occurs. My phone will be locked and screen is off, when I hit the power button to unlock the phone, nothing happens. After about 3 minutes it reboots, so I always can predict the reboot. I was outside in the bright sunlight when the screen wouldnt come on and noticed that you can actually very very faintly see the screen on, but it doesnt function. almost seems like the backlight isn't working or triggering the phone to come out of its sleep or standby mode.
  18. #18  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by popkurn611 View Post
    I haven't been running any live wallpapers...and I thought it was launcherpro but now I have the stock launcher running and my phone did reboot for the first time in 4 days so I am back to square one.

    My main issue is before the reboot occurs. My phone will be locked and screen is off, when I hit the power button to unlock the phone, nothing happens. After about 3 minutes it reboots, so I always can predict the reboot. I was outside in the bright sunlight when the screen wouldnt come on and noticed that you can actually very very faintly see the screen on, but it doesnt function. almost seems like the backlight isn't working or triggering the phone to come out of its sleep or standby mode.
    I don't use launcher pro or live wallpaper and am having the EXACT same issue as you. It happens when I have just press the button to turn the screen off, then immidaitely press again to turn it back on but nothing happens. Screen stays black. It seems to lockup. And then within a minute or two it reboots...this is ridiculous!

    -Sent via my R2D2 using Tapatalk
  19. #19  
    silverfang77's Avatar
    Lone Wolf

    Posts
    302 Posts
    Global Posts
    895 Global Posts

    Default

    Welcome to my hell. It happens to me whether or not I'm using live wallpaper. I don't have Launcher Pro. It happens sometimes when I press the power button, other times when I slide out the keyboard, regardless of how long ago it went into standby mode.

    This is simply something Motorola needs to fix with an update.
    Galaxy S4 with KitKat 4.4.2
  20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #20  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by silverfang77 View Post
    Welcome to my hell. It happens to me whether or not I'm using live wallpaper. I don't have Launcher Pro. It happens sometimes when I press the power button, other times when I slide out the keyboard, regardless of how long ago it went into standby mode.

    This is simply something Motorola needs to fix with an update.
    YES, both those issues are the same exact with me too, I thought maybe it was my phone only...but yes I will have my keyboard out like I am texting, slide it back in and slide it back open to text again and it just stays blank, no response then reboots minutes later.

    What I find even more odd is that it isnt a full reboot, it reboots to the red animated droid screen which is like the 2nd or even 3rd step in the actual process of turning the phone on. Usually you see the Motorola logo screen first, then second you see the word DROID, THEN the red animated droid symbol. So its not like the phone is actually shutting off.
  21. #21  
    corydunbar's Avatar

    Posts
    777 Posts
    ROM
    AOSP by preferance

    Default

    its just bad software by Motorola somewhere. so we need to just clamor on the moto forums about the issue to make sure it gets addressed in the next update. Or we could all just jump ship to a custom ROM.
    Blackberry Storm 9530 (1 year)>
    Motorola Droid [Rooted] (Froyo 2.2 --> 1Ghz ultra low voltage) (8 months)>
    Motorola Droid X [Rooted] (Fission v2.6.1 --> 1Ghz--> low voltage)(10 months)>
    HTC Droid Eris [Rooted] (CM 7) (risky outdoors device)(current)>
    HTC Droid Incredible [Rooted] (CM 7)[Bad ESN <craigslist scam>](just a tablet now)>
    Motorola Droid 2 [Rooted] (GingerBread v2.3.3 Blur v4.5.153 --> 1Ghz) (Current)[/FONT]

    Next device: Samsung Galaxy S II
  22. #22  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by corydunbar View Post
    its just bad software by Motorola somewhere. so we need to just clamor on the moto forums about the issue to make sure it gets addressed in the next update. Or we could all just jump ship to a custom ROM.
    This is not something localized to the droid 2. I have been using motorolas exclusively since my first phone 10 years ago, the StarTac(they need to bring it back).

    I have had this exact issue since I got my Moto Q when it first came out. It is a hardware issue. replacing my phone is always what I had to do. Happened with moto q, droid 1, droid 2, and my current R2D2. If I didnnt have mine rooted I would have replaced it under warranty by now...

    So don't get youe hopes up on a fix.

    -Sent via my R2D2 using Tapatalk

Posting Permissions