Pulse: uninstalled but can't delete leftovers

magnes

Mar 16, 2010
www.semelfactive.net
I found a bunch of unknown, unwanted thumbnail images in Gallery, gumming up my slide shows. I traced them to a series of Pulse folders on the SD card labeled S1 through S6. I deleted them all and uninstalled Pulse. But the images still show up in Gallery and cannot be deleted. Re-booting does nothing. Annoying. Any thoughts?

magnes

Mar 16, 2010
www.semelfactive.net
OK, it seems bizarre to me, since in reality there ARE no files anymore, but I created a replacement folder and put a pure text file in it containing only one space and named Pulse.nomedia. The problem has disappeared. Voodoo, like much of quantum mechanics, but there you are. Thank you for the suggestion.

Bushido Brown

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
The gallery doesn't always refresh right away to reflect changes made to your SD card. I use a replacement power control widget that allows me to add a shortcut to reload media. I use that whenever I need to immediately use images that were recently added to my SD card.

magnes

Mar 16, 2010
www.semelfactive.net
The gallery doesn't always refresh right away to reflect changes made to your SD card. I use a replacement power control widget that allows me to add a shortcut to reload media. I use that whenever I need to immediately use images that were recently added to my SD card.
Ah, that explanation makes sense. Thanks!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz