1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Pulse: uninstalled but can't delete leftovers

I found a bunch of unknown, unwanted thumbnail images in Gallery, gumming up my slide shows. I traced them to a series of Pulse folders on the SD card labeled S1 through S6. I deleted them all and uninstalled Pulse. But the images still show up in Gallery and cannot be deleted. Re-booting does nothing. Annoying. Any thoughts?

Global Posts
    58 Global Posts

You could always add a ".nomedia" file to that folder. Then the gallery won't scan it.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

The folder no longer exists.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

OK, it seems bizarre to me, since in reality there ARE no files anymore, but I created a replacement folder and put a pure text file in it containing only one space and named Pulse.nomedia. The problem has disappeared. Voodoo, like much of quantum mechanics, but there you are. Thank you for the suggestion.

ROM
    None

The gallery doesn't always refresh right away to reflect changes made to your SD card. I use a replacement power control widget that allows me to add a shortcut to reload media. I use that whenever I need to immediately use images that were recently added to my SD card.
    Back to Big Red. Sprint was tooooo slow
    Click my Twitter | Galaxy Note 2
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by Bushido Brown View Post
    The gallery doesn't always refresh right away to reflect changes made to your SD card. I use a replacement power control widget that allows me to add a shortcut to reload media. I use that whenever I need to immediately use images that were recently added to my SD card.
    Ah, that explanation makes sense. Thanks!