Results 1 to 3 of 3
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    rfh2001's Avatar

    Posts
    2 Posts
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts

    Default I'd love for androidcentral to investigate corporate sync issues

    If you visit the MOTO support forums for both the Droid2 and the DroidX, there are serious issues with the standard MOTO corporate sync email client. The most glaring issue (for me personally) is that push functionality is broken - push works intermittently. Sometimes I get my emails right away, sometimes I get them 5 hours later, sometimes I don't get them at all unless I manually refresh.

    Just for a little history (based on my limited knowledge):
    1. MOTO released broken corporate sync on DroidX
    2. MOTO didn't fix it on the DroidX update (I don't know how many DX has had)
    3. MOTO released the same broken software on the D2
    4. MOTO didn't fix it on the first D2 software update
    5. MOTO didn't fix it on the 2nd D2 software update
    6. MOTO likely released the same broken software on the Droid Pro and Droid2 Global

    I've just asked the Droid Pro owners if they're experiencing similar issues in order to see how widespread the issues are across the current MOTO lineup of android devices.

    I would love to see androidcentral run with this story
  2. #2  

    Default

    I honestly hadn't experienced corporate sync issues on my D2. I was getting email notifications on the phone at the same time I was getting them on my PC. Then this morning I logged into my PC and saw two emails that were 5 and 25 minutes old, but hadn't received anything on my phone. Right after that the sync starting working again normally. I'm not sure if it's a bug or the phone got confused because I switched from wifi to 3G or what, but it doesn't seem consistent since this is the first time that I saw it.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  
    rfh2001's Avatar

    Posts
    2 Posts
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts

    Default

    Mine worked fine for the first 2-3 weeks, but then I had to make a routine password change (yes, I updated the PW on my phone). Since then, I basically have to manually refresh to get my email. I've deleted/readded the account, battery pulls, wipe/reset, etc.

    I had a D1 and had no problems whatsoever - but the D2 has MOTOblur along with MOTO's proprietary 'corporate sync' enterprise email client. I would root and install a vanilla froyo rom, but I got this phone issued to me by my employer - so I'm not sure I want to go down that path.

    I followed up with the Droid Pro forum, and users are experiencing the same problem - so there are currently 5 devices on which corporate email push is broken for a number of users:

    Droid X
    Droid2
    Droid2 R2D2
    Droid2 Global
    Droid Pro

Posting Permissions

B