Droid 2 rebooted itself

silverfang77

Lone Wolf
Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
I took my Droid 2 out of my pocket only to find that it had rebooted itself for no reason. It has never done that before. What causes this?

Rev2010

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
Never had that happen in the month's time I've had my D2. In all fairness though I've had it happen relatively often with my Blackberry Curve (work device). All these devices are far from being perfect so they are not exempt for oddities and crashes. My iPhone 3G had crashes at times as well. Not excusing it, just saying it's not out of the ordinary.

Rev.

ishore99

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
My D2G just started to do it and it is only 7 days old. And at the same time I started to lose widgets on the home page.

dk21

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, my D2 rebooted itself yesterday. Android is still pretty young, and it could be from any number of apps that you have installed.

ArcherApollo

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I have recently been having the same issues. I got the phone at launch and it's only been in the last two weeks. What I find odd about it is that under About Phone>Status, the "Up time" indicator does not reflect that the phone restarted.

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Next time see if it locks up or just reboots could be a kernel panic. Could be you ran out of ram who knows you would have to catch it while running a logcat to know for sure what's going on. Best bet is to keep using it and hope it doesn't happen to often and its fixed in an update

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
I have recently been having the same issues. I got the phone at launch and it's only been in the last two weeks. What I find odd about it is that under About Phone>Status, the "Up time" indicator does not reflect that the phone restarted.

Then you had a soft reboot

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
I don't know I get a daily soft reboot so I've become used to it. But that doesn't mean I like it. Just got a reboot about 5 mins ago pulled my phone out of my pocket unlocked it 30 sec later it rebooted wouldn't even let me touch a button it fully locked up which I blame on kernel

FORDOC

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
My first D2 did the same thing. It would also freeze often. I gave it two weeks and it got worse. I returned the phone and got a new one. Guess what. zero problems. Phone is faster, more responsive and only crashes when I tell it to. I even have more things installed and running on this device.

Smitty_82

Android Addict
Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
Had this issue with my droid x and ended up getting a replacement. No issues after that. Hasn't been any issue with my droid 2.

Kimo91

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
i've had mine for almost a month now and i havent had any kind of reboots unless i do it on my own cause of low memory (shift alt del). even when i had my blackberry bold 9650 it never did any kinds of reboots unless i initiated it on my own. then again i don't have much apps on my phone and i do know android is still in its infancy phase and sure these random reboots people are having will slow down in frequency or not do it anymore.

ishore99

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
My phone yesterday rebooted, but I lost the refresh notification and the phone stopped getting my emails. Took me all morning today to find the issue and it seems to have unchecked a box in the setup.