Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Default Re: [Official] D2 & D2G Battery Life Discussion

Hey, I've been using my droid for almost a year now and my battery got pretty bad by now. I do have some applications running but I also use task killer, even though it doesn't seem to work very well.

Anyway I can barely get a full day of battery life when I talk and text with it, using some applications occasionally of course, thinking of getting either another battery or a generator. Any thoughts anyone?

Default Re: [Official] D2 & D2G Battery Life Discussion

So, Im new to AC. Also came from NJ but no longer live there. I had bought my D2G in about May-ish. ive been using it unrooted since yesterday, where I gave up and just rooted it. I installed CPUBoost and underclocked my phone to 800/300 when off and normal when on. On top of that I got SuperDim and set the dim'ness to about 5/10/20/50/255. So far it is 4:15pm after pulling the phone off the charger at 6:30am and im at 30% battery life while using the replacement for the A955/A855 Battery (its an extended battery rated 3500mAh I bought online for like $20. Usually it will last me all day, but that is with very light, and Im talking light usage. Browse for at most 5 minutes a day, medium texting via Google Voice, I take maybe 1 picture per week at most. I only make major phone calls during the weekend, and charge the phone while playing music via Winamp.

As for my current battery stats:

Display: 30%
    Android Sys: 11%
    Phone idle: 10%
    AnimGIFLive Wallpaper 2: 10% (Use this for my custom animation background)
    Cell Standby: 9%
    Browser: 8%
    Google+: 5%
    Android OS: 4%
    Market: 3%
    Voice calls: 2%
    Go Launcher EX: 2%

Now I get that I have a few apps in there that will auto update themselves but if you think about it they are very negligable. I think the worst I am doing to the phone is the wallpaper which I would rather keep with the lack of 10% usage than without. Other than that I think Ive picked up a few suggestions from here. Any more would be greatly appreciated (especially free alteratives to some of those rooted apps).

Thanks.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234