blaisedinsd

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Ok this is driving me nuts.

Almost my entire music library is organized with album art embedded and everything...I had it all working perfect since my last phone, a blackberry.

Everything also shows up perfect on my Droid 2, just like it did on the blackberry, with the exception of some recently purchased new music I from iTunes.

It seems no matter what I try I can not get album art to show up on it and the tracks are not displaying in the right order. What is going on with this? Do I need to convert to mp3 format or something? I never had issues with this before, I prefer to simply copy the music files over in USB Mass storage mode and don't like to sync through any app.

The songs play fine, but I want them to play in the correct order and I like my album art. Can anyone help?

blaisedinsd

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Ok, so this appears to be an android fail.

I put the memory card in my blackberry and its all good, sons show up in the order of the tracks instead of alphabetical and all the songs have album art.

Its a big mystery to me...maybe I will factory reset and see if it gets fixed.

blaisedinsd

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I just saw some where only MP3 files will display album art.....what the ****?

That's absolutely mind glowingly stupid.

Blackberry is a better media player all around...at least on OS5 for me. Never tried OS6.

I tried a couple of third party media players....but they completely screw up remote control functions and drive me mad. I try to pause a song, and instead my stock player starts playing a different song.

jdbower

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
Whenever you get something just how you like it it can be rough going to something different, I always take the time to learn how a new application chooses to do things and see if I can adapt my methods to it or even learn to like it better - I just know that the BBOS5 media player will be gone the next time I buy a phone and whether I need to learn the things that changed in BBOS6 or the things that are new in Android, iPhone, or WP7 there will be some things I like better and some things I don't like as much. The nice thing about Android is that you've got a lot of choices for media players - sadly only you know what you're looking for unless some other BBOS5 media player fan can pop in - I'd check out the applications forums here and see if you can find something that you like.

Hope you find what you're looking for and wish I could help more!

blaisedinsd

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I was just lucky almost everything on my card was already mp3.....

It's not really an issue now that I know....converted to mp3 and everything works fine.

Now that I sorted that out, The only thing I really miss playing media on my Droid 2 compared to blackberry is being able control the music with hard keys. Start/Stop, and Skip with the mute key and volume rocker were hugely convenient while driving...... I liked a couple of media players I tried, but they cause too much conflict for me when I use Bluetooth remote control.

Is there a way to control bluetooth profiles? Maybe while driving I could use my headset as only a remote control. I don't want to drive with headphones on.....If I could make the droid not use my s9-HD's for A2DP or hands free and just as a remote that would be cool. I hardly use hands free Bluetooth, and I guess I wouldn't be able to pair with more than one device at the same time.......but I would give up hands free to be able to control my music.

jdbower

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
The mute hardbutton on my Storm/Tour was nice, especially when something starts playing in the office with the volume up!

I'm not sure about splitting the Bluetooth profile, that's an interesting concept. Most searches on AppBrain (which is great for app browsing, BTW) are simple toggle widgets, drivers for using a mono bluetooth headset, or volume profile settings.

Personally I'd probably consider a Bluetooth car adapter so I could play through the car stereo speakers. That should give you some Bluetooth controls in a well-mounted place, but good ones can be pricey.

Barring that, have you played with car dock mode? Under the app drawer there's something called CarDock that brings up the interface you'd see if you got the Motorola dash mount. I don't keep my phones long enough to warrant investing in a lot of custom accessories, so I'd probably get a generic dash mount for a GPS instead of springing for the Moto unit, you can even modify it with a small magnet if you want to automatically go into car dock mode.

blaisedinsd

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I haven't played with the car mount app that domes installed....

I did figure out how to monkey with the bluetooth profiles, but strangely it doesn't show the A/V remote as seperate. It only shows media and handsfree....So I can shut off Phone functions but I can't shut off media sound seperate from remote functions. When the media is turned on the sound won't play out of the wired headphone jack.

jdbower

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
i like to buy motorola but i have no any idea about about motorola...please can anyone recommend me about the features of motorola.

You'd be MUCH better off starting a new thread for this, but in a nutshell Motorola Android phones are pretty close to the stock UI, but HTC phones are often considered to be more polished (although personally I don't like how invasive their UI can be). Motorola phones tend to have the best build quality and are corporate-friendly, but as a consequence are less "hackable" than other brands.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome