1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Thumbs up D2G 2.4 update

Was pushed the 2.4.330 firmware update today. Installed and device rebooted cleanly.

However, root permission was gone (which I can understand, depending upon what the update "touched").

Running Z4Root (which was already installed from about a month ago) was successful in re-applying root access. SetCPU, Tasker, and Titanium Pro all running with their superuser access just fine so far.

Anyone having any notable issues with the new firmware???

(BTW: I understand you can go "pull" this update by forcing the phone to check for it, if you really want it.)

-AJ

Can you do me a favor? I want to install this but cant because I deleted some of the stock .apk files and if you can take some of them off the phone and host them somewhere then I can install the update.

***Update*** anyone that deleted anything on the stock rom wont be able to install the new update because it needs to see a stock rom before the update goes through and so I installed the stock apps i deleted with this system dump for the global
    make sure permissions are the same as everything else when you install anything you deleted
    Last edited by evilp8ntballer7; 12-21-2010 at 06:51 PM.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

So you are good now?
    -AJ
    Thanked by:

ROM
    Stock

Default 2.4.330 Changes?

Quote Originally Posted by aweber1nj View Post
    Was pushed the 2.4.330 firmware update today.
    -AJ
    Is there a list of the changes we can expect in this firmware upgrade? Thanks!

ROM
    CM9,Tablet Mode,Nova

Quote Originally Posted by Bob_Bacon View Post
    Is there a list of the changes we can expect in this firmware upgrade? Thanks!
    Not much other than bug fixes, it's not 2.2.1:

Click on the Benefits link to see the PDF. I'm just happy it didn't break my Touchdown setup so I don't need to bug corporate IT Christmas week!
    Galaxy Nexus (VZW)
    Motorola Droid X (WiFi)/Motorola Droid 2 Global (VZW)
    Motorola 9505A (Iridium)/HP Zeen (WiFi)

Quote Originally Posted by aweber1nj View Post
    So you are good now?
    -AJ
    Yes, I used a sys dump and installed any .apks i deleted and set the permissions