Who decides which phones get upgraded?

silverfang77

Lone Wolf
Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
Is it up to Motorola or to Verizon whether or not the D2 will get Gingerbread?

If it's up to Verizon, why do they get to decide? They are not the phone's manufacturer.

jdbower

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
It's up to both. Motorola needs a business case for devoting cycles to implementing the software update and Verizon needs a business case for devoting cycles to testing the software in addition to assessing the risk of having it on their network vs. the risk of not having it on their network.

Personally, I wouldn't worry about it. It's unlikely that any of the "flagship phones" (Droid X, 2, 2G, Pro, Incredible) will be left out of the Gingerbread update - it's all about when.

Rev2010

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
Yeah don't worry about it. There are far far more D2's out there now than D2G's so they'd piss off a LOT of people dumping support and updates for the D2. Not gonna happen. Heck, even the D1 has still gotten some major updates relatively recently if I've read correctly.

Rev.

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
I wouldn't worry about a Droid branded phone and updates if it fits and works right it will get it only the only recently launched phone that may not officially get gb is the fascinate. But root and open bootloader will fix that with the community being able to build a gb rom for it

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shae