Gmail not syncing please help!

ydh2323

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
my gmail accounts are not syncing properly. it is set to fetch every 15 minutes, and for the past 2 days, the only way for me to receive my new emails is if i do a manual refresh. i saw the other posts, however none of them seem to give a good reason or fix, please help thanks
using Droid 2 global not rooted

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
my gmail accounts are not syncing properly. it is set to fetch every 15 minutes, and for the past 2 days, the only way for me to receive my new emails is if i do a manual refresh. i saw the other posts, however none of them seem to give a good reason or fix, please help thanks
using Droid 2 global not rooted

perhaps your background data is not set up...
Try settings>accounts and sync

background data should be checked . also make sure auto sync is checked.
select the account that you want to auto sync from the list below
this will give you options to what features you want to auto sync

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

ydh2323

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
background data is checked off. my corp email is working fin, its only my gmail accounts. one thing i noticed is that my gmail accounts arent listed in the messaging folder however if i go to
menu-settings-accounts they are both there. odd

dk21

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
Yes, assuming background data is enabled, unchecking the account in question, and re-checking it might help. Also, have you powered your phone off and back on lately?

If it's not your primary Gmail account, you could try removing and re-adding it.

Another possibility that might be a bit of a stretch...is your Gmail app updated to the latest version? If not, go to the market and download the latest version. It could be worth a shot.

Good luck.

ydh2323

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
found two issues, one was posted on another forum: placed android power widget and clicked the sync icon, as it was off, dunno why or how. second issue i downloaded i purchased toggle settings pro and had made profiles and they dont automatically come set with auto sync checked off so i went through them all and checked them off, so far so good.
thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21