Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    8 Global Posts

Default Droid 2 Global keeps restarting

Hi all,

I have a droid 2 that keeps restarting itself alot. It is a brand new phone, i have had it for about 3 days. I have not really installed anything on it. It will just be sitting on my desk and restart, I wont even be on it. I have done a factory reset on the thing and it is still restarting. Any ideas as to why this happens with these phones? I have seen some other people having similiar issues with this. Do i need to get it replaced? Thanks.

Cool Take it back...

Quote Originally Posted by kawzie View Post
    Hi all,

I have a droid 2 that keeps restarting itself alot. It is a brand new phone, i have had it for about 3 days. I have not really installed anything on it. It will just be sitting on my desk and restart, I wont even be on it. I have done a factory reset on the thing and it is still restarting. Any ideas as to why this happens with these phones? I have seen some other people having similiar issues with this. Do i need to get it replaced? Thanks.
    Hi kawzie,

My family picked up 3 new Droid 2 Global phones from Verizon a couple of days before Christmas. None of the 3 is exhibiting the behavior you described. If you haven't installed any new apps that could be causing the phone to restart, then I believe you may have gotten a defective phone. If you've only had it for 3 days, then I would definitely return it and ask for a new phone. Good luck!

LtCmdrData
    Motorola Droid Turbo 64GB | Verizon | Android 4.4.4 KitKat | Moto 360 Smartwatch

Yeah, replace it, there's nothing that should cause that so it definitely sounds defective.

Rev.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Global Posts
    8 Global Posts

Thats what i was leaning toward. Thanks guys. Sending it back to Verizon!

Global Posts
    64 Global Posts

im having the same issue, d2g. had it power off one day and then every few days itll just restart on its own a few times a day. i called verizon they said not normal but lets do a hard reset so i did, and a week later im still having the same issue. i hate that when i get it replaced itll be a refurb though that bothers me soo much!
    phone addict

Global Posts
    3,731 Global Posts
    ROM
    mean

Replace it I've had the same issue with my d2 almost since I got it have been through three. And this latest one doesn't seem as bad but it has done it alteast 7 times since I got it on a few days ago a few times not waking up for calls so im going to call soon and try to just upgrade my phone just to get rid of this. And no a third party app shouldn't cause this its all system
    Loving this Oneplus one!!

Quote Originally Posted by daveh23 View Post
    im having the same issue, d2g. had it power off one day and then every few days itll just restart on its own a few times a day. i called verizon they said not normal but lets do a hard reset so i did, and a week later im still having the same issue. i hate that when i get it replaced itll be a refurb though that bothers me soo much!
    I am on my third replacement (refurb) only after paying 300 dollars in december2010 and three months later I was calling for my first replacement (refurb) phone. Now, Verizon is trying to get me to upgrade and renew my contract on a different line. Today, my third replacement (refurb) showed up.

Is there a solution. My d2g restarts when I unlock, and sometimes while trying to dial out. Not to mention it drops my 3g and turns itself into airplane mode.

Please respond to email if there is a solution. bass9569@yahoo.com

ROM
    AOSP by preferance

i haven't found any fixes that don't need root access.
    Blackberry Storm 9530 (1 year)>
    Motorola Droid [Rooted] (Froyo 2.2 --> 1Ghz ultra low voltage) (8 months)>
    Motorola Droid X [Rooted] (Fission v2.6.1 --> 1Ghz--> low voltage)(10 months)>
    HTC Droid Eris [Rooted] (CM 7) (risky outdoors device)(current)>
    HTC Droid Incredible [Rooted] (CM 7)[Bad ESN <craigslist scam>](just a tablet now)>
    Motorola Droid 2 [Rooted] (GingerBread v2.3.3 Blur v4.5.153 --> 1Ghz) (Current)[/FONT]

Next device: Samsung Galaxy S II

Global Posts
    5,220 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock .4.1.1

I got my D2G last night off of eBay. The phone is brand new, everything was factory sealed so I know it was a messed up device. I called Verizon today after the random reboot issues started. The first few times I thought I had done something then realized it was the phone.

Verizon TS does not have anything in their system indicating this is an ongoing issue which I find hard to believe when its there are users on their own community site complaining about it.

I got a replacement coming, the TS agent was very nice and though I did a hard reset and it hasn't rebooted in a while I am gladly taking the replacement.

One thing to keep in mind, I was honest with Verizon about where the phone came from, that's just me. I now know that if you buy a phone new or used and it isn't from Verizon or an authorized Agent then the MFG WARRANTY IS VOID. Yup, void and its not Verizon making this call its the Mfg's telling Verizon they won't take them back.

So caveat Emptor.

replace it, i had the same prob, got a replacement.