D2G in Zoom mode not accessing Settings PLEASE HELP

Listicka

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
Firstly a very Happy New Year 2011 to all members!

I was testing the Zoom feature from the Settings Menu. Somehow on the way I activated some voice command - my D2G is very sensitive and I didn't realize I activated it. It talks to me now and I can't access anything from the Menu anymore. It will show up, but that is all. I can't turn it off neither. So I took the battery out, put back in. The D2G is still on, it didn't even turn off.
Please help, I don't know how to stop it.
Thank you

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
Well the options are under settings>voice input and output.
Its activating by itself without you hitting the microphone button for it?

Listicka

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
I found out what I activated - it is 'Voice Readouts' from Accessibility menu.

The microphone button on the touchscreen is crossed out.

I can't get rid of the Zoom feature and I can't access the Settings and I can't even turn off the D2G. The Voice Readouts will say Turn off, but nothing happens, the screen stays on. It lists that Silent Mode is on, but nothing happens if I click on it.

I did Soft Reset by pressing ALT > Shift and Delete. This did not fix anything.

Last edited:

Listicka

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
I just finished a technical support call to Verizon. I was not able to do a hard reset per their tech support instructions while I am not able to turn the D2G off at all.

I was told my D2G was "A part of special engineering project" and that it needs to be returned to Motorola. I will be receiving a new D2G. I had to give out my CC info and will be charged for the S&H. And I will loose my screen protector with it as well.

Anyone else in here being part of special engineering project? I?d like to know what exactly does it mean and why I didn't know about it.

Rev2010

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
What do you mean that you can't turn off the D2G? If you pull the battery it will turn off and if it's not then are you sure you're not still plugged into the charger or something? You should not need to return a unit to turn off voice command, you probably should've gave a little more time for someone else to respond. Anyhow, good luck.

Rev.