My phone has recently started randomly rebooting itself, it is not very often(maybe once per day) and I was simply wondering what could cause this, I have not changed anything on my phone recently and have had it for almost 3 months now.

Any reason this is happening?
    01-01-2011 04:18 PM
    I have the same problem. I haven't had mine for a month, though.
    01-01-2011 05:42 PM
    There are several reasons why this is happening. Some of which could be - an app that is not compatible with your phone. A software issue which sometimes can be fix by resetting the device. A task killer. If the problem persist take the phone in for a diagnostic test by a technician.

Good luck.
    01-01-2011 06:16 PM
    If you've done a hard wipe and your phone still power cycles like that then it sounds like you need your phone replaced. Sorry dude but that's a hardware failure somewhere on the motherboard.
    01-02-2011 08:19 AM
    If you've done a hard wipe and your phone still power cycles like that then it sounds like you need your phone replaced. Sorry dude but that's a hardware failure somewhere on the motherboard.
    well I have not done a wipe of my phone yet, if I decide to do this, is there a way(without rooting my phone) to back up my apps, or at least make it so when I re-link my Google account to my phone it will automatically reinstall them? (The free apps as well, not only the paid ones.)
    01-02-2011 12:57 PM
    I know the paid ones yes they will come back as long as you sign back in with the same gmail account...the free ones I wanna say no but I could be wrong and if someone knows otherwise feel free to correct my statement.
    01-02-2011 01:17 PM
    With Verizon, you should have backup, but I'm not sure what all it keeps.
    01-02-2011 03:33 PM
    froyo has app backup built in. if you do a factory reset, when you log into you e-mail account (same one) next time you open the market you'll see a bunch of apps auto downloading.
    01-02-2011 05:18 PM
    froyo has app backup built in. if you do a factory reset, when you log into you e-mail account (same one) next time you open the market you'll see a bunch of apps auto downloading.
    really? your absolutely positive about this? sorry, I don't doubt you, I simply want to make sure.
    01-02-2011 08:38 PM
    I can confirm that your apps will come back, free and paid. I've done it many times. As for the actual issue, I was having the same thing but I've noticed it hasn't happened in a while. I thought it was Launcher Pro, but I'm not sure anymore. Anyway, it happens to my girlfriend's D2 as well. Mine is rooted, hers is not.
    01-02-2011 10:22 PM
    yes i am positive, i do it about once a week. what gets hard is when you switch between a Droid X, 2, Incredible, and Eris. Apps specific to certain phones start sponging up memory on my Eris.
    01-04-2011 02:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD