Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Random Reboots

My phone has recently started randomly rebooting itself, it is not very often(maybe once per day) and I was simply wondering what could cause this, I have not changed anything on my phone recently and have had it for almost 3 months now.

Any reason this is happening?

I have the same problem. I haven't had mine for a month, though.

There are several reasons why this is happening. Some of which could be - an app that is not compatible with your phone. A software issue which sometimes can be fix by resetting the device. A task killer. If the problem persist take the phone in for a diagnostic test by a technician.

Good luck.

Global Posts
    521 Global Posts
    ROM
    z4 root running stock ROM

If you've done a hard wipe and your phone still power cycles like that then it sounds like you need your phone replaced. Sorry dude but that's a hardware failure somewhere on the motherboard.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by Kimo91 View Post
    If you've done a hard wipe and your phone still power cycles like that then it sounds like you need your phone replaced. Sorry dude but that's a hardware failure somewhere on the motherboard.
    well I have not done a wipe of my phone yet, if I decide to do this, is there a way(without rooting my phone) to back up my apps, or at least make it so when I re-link my Google account to my phone it will automatically reinstall them? (The free apps as well, not only the paid ones.)

Global Posts
    521 Global Posts
    ROM
    z4 root running stock ROM

I know the paid ones yes they will come back as long as you sign back in with the same gmail account...the free ones I wanna say no but I could be wrong and if someone knows otherwise feel free to correct my statement.

With Verizon, you should have backup, but I'm not sure what all it keeps.

ROM
    AOSP by preferance

froyo has app backup built in. if you do a factory reset, when you log into you e-mail account (same one) next time you open the market you'll see a bunch of apps auto downloading.
    Blackberry Storm 9530 (1 year)>
    Motorola Droid [Rooted] (Froyo 2.2 --> 1Ghz ultra low voltage) (8 months)>
    Motorola Droid X [Rooted] (Fission v2.6.1 --> 1Ghz--> low voltage)(10 months)>
    HTC Droid Eris [Rooted] (CM 7) (risky outdoors device)(current)>
    HTC Droid Incredible [Rooted] (CM 7)[Bad ESN <craigslist scam>](just a tablet now)>
    Motorola Droid 2 [Rooted] (GingerBread v2.3.3 Blur v4.5.153 --> 1Ghz) (Current)[/FONT]

Next device: Samsung Galaxy S II
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Quote Originally Posted by corydunbar View Post
    froyo has app backup built in. if you do a factory reset, when you log into you e-mail account (same one) next time you open the market you'll see a bunch of apps auto downloading.
    really? your absolutely positive about this? sorry, I don't doubt you, I simply want to make sure.

I can confirm that your apps will come back, free and paid. I've done it many times. As for the actual issue, I was having the same thing but I've noticed it hasn't happened in a while. I thought it was Launcher Pro, but I'm not sure anymore. Anyway, it happens to my girlfriend's D2 as well. Mine is rooted, hers is not.

ROM
    AOSP by preferance

yes i am positive, i do it about once a week. what gets hard is when you switch between a Droid X, 2, Incredible, and Eris. Apps specific to certain phones start sponging up memory on my Eris.
    Blackberry Storm 9530 (1 year)>
    Motorola Droid [Rooted] (Froyo 2.2 --> 1Ghz ultra low voltage) (8 months)>
    Motorola Droid X [Rooted] (Fission v2.6.1 --> 1Ghz--> low voltage)(10 months)>
    HTC Droid Eris [Rooted] (CM 7) (risky outdoors device)(current)>
    HTC Droid Incredible [Rooted] (CM 7)[Bad ESN <craigslist scam>](just a tablet now)>
    Motorola Droid 2 [Rooted] (GingerBread v2.3.3 Blur v4.5.153 --> 1Ghz) (Current)[/FONT]

Next device: Samsung Galaxy S II