Droid to Droid 2 Global-yup- Q's?!

Mr Mayor

Jan 26, 2010
Visit site
Upgraded to Droid 2 Global from orig Droid last night:

1) Disregard question: Ext Battery exists, it's barely better though....

2) Email icon.... I monitor 4 accounts, all 4 are added, but the email icon only gives me one of them, the first one I added. Am I missing something here? Likely simple.

3) Disable slide lock, but keep my unlock pattern? Is this possible too? I've been all over this thing.. help.

4) Auto %$#@*$^% spell check! Please help me disable/delete/kill this stupid thing, it can't even spell itself!?!? DRUID??

That's it for now, thanks gang!

Mr Mayor

jdbower

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
1) Duly discarded!

2) Are they all Gmail accounts? If so, then there's a dropdown in the upper right to switch between them. If not, why not? :)

3) Sadly this functionality was removed in 2.2, don't ask me why and I hope it's back in Gingerbread.

4) Have you tried SWYPE? It seems infinitely better than the stock keyboard and I think will fix your spellcheck woes (although I don't type with the physical keyboard if that's where you run into it).

Reactions: Mr Mayor

Mr Mayor

Jan 26, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the quick reply..

1) Thanks.
2) 1 Gmail (the contacts/sync'ed acct), the other 3 are Yahoo accts.
3) Really? Dumb... really dumb...
4) I only use physical keybd so yes, it's there all the time... I've added my common misspelled words to it, like Droid, kbd, wut etc..... seems a "little" better....

Thanks!

_Zguy__

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
2. Menu key then accounts
It auto go to that screen for me
4. Settings, locale and text, keyboard settings
*3-my friend found an app to disable the lockscreen but idk what its called or what it does for passcodes
Can check right now but thats what i remember doing or im totaly missing the point

Reactions: Mr Mayor

Mr Mayor

Jan 26, 2010
Visit site
Thanks gang.

2) Still not what I'm looking for exactly....Droid allowed me to add accounts, but made it p!ss poor to access them as easily as my older orig Droid.

Menu, Messaging, appears to be the only way to get them.. That's not too bad I guess..(really though, sucks, even separate icons would be better) and I can't create the icons from there.. Decided to bring MESSAGING icon back to the desktop... seems to be the only way. #2 closed sorta happy.

3) Yeah it disables ALL locking now, which may be worse.. I may just remove my "pattern" and be done with it.... #3 closed most unhappily.

4) AHA! Yes, I was in here before, and disabled lots of stuff, but it never TOOK, therefore I thought this was a hidden setting.... thank you thank you. #4 Closed ecstatically!

Thank you's sent, and your checks are on the way ... ;)

Mr Mayor

Rev2010

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
Most of the built in apps aren't as robust as downloading 3rd party apps. For email I couldn't stand the built in so I downloaded K-9 for free and I highly suggest you try it out. I have three mail accounts running with it and couldn't be happier. I went with K-9 originally because I noticed you can't edit the quoted text of an email reply. You can only leave the whole message or delete the whole message, where sometimes I want to quote and respond to specific portions. K-9 does this like every other normal email client.

Also, for spell check I would highly recommend using a 3rd party app as well. I use UltraKeyboard and really like it. It's far faaar superior to the built in spell check, though there are a few quirks like Droid wasn't in the dictionary and when typing the word "guy" it would capitalize it like it were the name, which is stupid cause it's far less common. But the good news is the auto-suggest, dictionary, and word replacements are all completely editable so it super quick to make a permanent fix. There are a few other keyboards that are top rated for spell correction so just read up on a few.

Rev.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke